Chapter 32

With the bag in hand, I make my way to Ferris' house. I knew what I had to do. But I also knew the consequences of my actions. By doing this, I know that I am sabotaging my relationship with Christina and ruining the perfect friendship I had grown with her. But by embracing Ferris, and letting him in, I am allowing myself to be happy... Because that's what I want... Right? I want to be happy and if Ferris is the person to bring it, then so be it.

I reach his front door and my hand flies out to knock when a wave of hesitation hits me. Is this the right thing to do? Do I truly want this? Before I can answer the question, I quickly knock on the door and take a step back. A couple of loud thuds later, the door is opened by an out of breath Ferris.

"Hey-"

I carefully place the bag on the pavement and leap into Ferris' arms. He wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me closer to him. I breath into his shoulder, getting a whiff of the faint smell of his cologne.

"What are you doing?" Ferris asks as he releases me.

"I just..." I bounce on the sole of my feet. "I don't know what this is..." I wave my hand in the space between us. "But I'm ready to take the next step." Nervous, I stand in silence as he stares at me.

"As in...?"

"Whatever this is, I want to go on that journey with you and I want to see where the road takes us."

"What about Christina?" He takes a small step towards me, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"I'll find a way to tell her when I'm ready. When she's fully over you."

He lets out a little chuckle. "She's still not over me?"

I smack his shoulder.

"Did you not see her at the party?"

A smile takes over his mouth as he looks at me deeply.

"What made you change your mind?" He asks me.

"The gift you got me." I state.

"Oh, so... because I get you good gifts?"

I chuckle at his sarcasm.

"Yes, definitely."

Ferris shakes his hand and takes my face into his hands, bringing his mouth to mine. I breathe in as he kisses me, edging closer and closer with every second. His thumb caresses my cheek, sending goosebumps around my face. When our lips part, I can feel his hot breath on my face.

"I wanna take you somewhere." He whispers, still holding tightly onto my face.

"Where?" I whisper back , giving him a peck on his cheek.

"It's a surprise." He guides me out of the door, picking my bag up off of the floor and placing it in the backseat of his car. I jump into the passenger seat as he climbs into the driver's seat.

"When did you learn how to drive?" I ask.

"When I turned 17. My dad got me a car for my birthday and I decided to do some good with it. You know-" he reverses his car out of the driveway, looking both sides, over his shoulder. "I never wanted to learn how to drive until after I joined the army."

"Wait... you wanted to join the army?" I look at him with curiosity.

"Used to. But... over the years, something changed."

"You changed?"

"This country changed." We drive along the road, taking turns to places that I'm not used to. "Why would anyone risk their life for a country that fucks you over all the time?"