Prologue

Ugh!!.. his head hurts! It's so noisy.. who's yelling in his ears? These rude bastards! He turned, covered his head and wrapped the blanket tighter around him.

"Wangye! Xiao Wangye, you.. are you awake?" Someone exclaimed.

He continued to sleep...

"Wangye, are you awake? Wangye?"

Sleeping some more...

"Wangye, are you really awake? Wangye, Xiao Wangye..."

"I'm not awake! I'm not awake! Stop bothering me!" He finally couldn't stand it, he sat up and yelled.

Who knew that his yelling won't work, it caused a bigger commotion instead.

"Xiao Wangye is awake! Xiao Wangye is awake!" The noisy ruckus spread out.

Heavens! How come it's so noisy! Unable to roll his eyes, he roared, "Shut it out!" Instantly the people in the room paused, staring blankly at him.

Looking closely, there were maybe a dozen of various people, of old, young, big and small.

"Xiao Wangye, you're finally awake!" An old servant jumped with excitement, he leaned over the bed and tearfully said, "If you were to die, how would I answer to the Late Emperor! This old servant is unworthy, not taking proper care of you..."

Xiao Wangye looked at him, picked at his ear and said, "Who are you?"

"... Huh?" The old servant seemed to be stunned.

"Who are you?" Xiao Wangye repeated. Looked like his question succeeded in shutting the old man's noisy mouth, everyone else also just gasped and stared at him with wide eyes.

"Xiao.. Xiao Wangye, you don't know me? I'm your steward Liu Bo. I've been serving you since your childhood..." Liu Bo's eyes were filled with tears and his expression with doubt.

Xiao Wangye stared intently at his wrinkled weathered face, thought hard for a long time.. and nothing came up. However, he remembered a more important matter.

"Who am I?"

The people in the room just stared at him as if they were seeing a ghost.

"Do.. do.. do.." Liu Bo was the first to react, stuttering like a pig about to be slaughtered,

"Doctor! Come, quick!"

A doctor was hurriedly dragged in, he held Dongfang Hao Ye's hand and examined his pulse.

After a moment, the doctor asked, "Wangye, where do you feel uncomfortable?"

"Headache!" It hurts something awful. He knocked on his head.

The doctor said, "Don't hit it! By all means, do not hit it!" Liu Bo immediately grabbed his hand.

The doctor asked again, "Beside the headache, do you recall anything?"

He thought for a moment but his brain was blank, he then answered honestly, "No, I don't remember anything."

Liu Bo asked, "You don't even remember falling into the lotus pond?"

"Lotus pond?" Xiao Wangye blinked, "I fell into a lotus pond? I don't remember."

"Then, do you remember who you are?"

"Am I not Xiao Wangye?"

"Ah!" Everyone exhaled with relief.

"Wangye, you still remember your identity." Liu Bo said with a grin.

"Nonsense! Haven't you been calling me with that, I don't know why I am Wangye." Xiao Wangye glared at him.

A delicate young man who had been standing at the side seemed to perceive what was wrong, he stepped forward and asked cautiously, "Wangye, then do you remember your own name?"

His name? Hmm.. good question.

Xiao Wangye bowed his head to ponder and ponder, everyone else's head bowed lower and lower following him.

Finally.. he gave up.

"What's my name?" Everyone simultaneously gasped, Liu Bo's eyes rolled and he dropped on the floor... he fainted.