Chapter 15

The first seven or eight days of the new year was a holiday. According to Ming Country's tradition, the Imperial Court would also take a break; the Emperor would not attend court from the first to the third day.

However, this Beautiful Emperor was not like any other people; he actually rested for seven or eight days in a row, as if he had no intention to return to the court. It wasn't until the court officials almost broke their arm-bones trying various methods, did the Beautiful Emperor come back.

But let's not talk about that, because these days were Dongfang Xiao Wangye and his beloved wife's sweet days.

Since the new year, Beitang Yao Yue told the Chief Manager to close the Wangfu's gate; all of those who came visited would not be seen, gifts would not be received; who or whatever came here would be sent back.

If Beitang Yao Yue was said to be idle, Xiao Wangye was even idler than him; the whole days he thought about nothing except hugging Yao Yue very closely, shamelessly chasing the sweet moments with Yao Yue.

The truth was, Beitang Yao Yue was not without his own desires. It was just that his temperament was originally cool; suppressing his desires for a long time had become a habit. But if he was teased, he wouldn't be so well-behaved.

When they'd spent some times at the Jing Wangfu suburb mansion near Lake Biyan, Xiao Wangye found out. At that time, he slowly became aware of Beitang Yao Yue's feelings; when they made love one night, Yao Yue's passion was absolutely unrestrained, but then the next day Yao Yue would be easily annoyed and wouldn't indulge Xiao Wangye's advances.

Thanks to these experiences, added that Yao Yue's condition was not as usual, Xiao Wangye learned to exercise restrain.

That night on the New Year eve, though they only made love once, Beitang Yao Yue had to lie in bed for one whole day. Xiao Wangye was a little upset, but he could be considerate and accepted it.

And for the ice-carved dolls, Xiao Wangye didn't expect Beitang Yao Yue would like them that much. He ordered people to find a colorful glass box, and put the ice-dolls in it; through the glass of the box the pair of charmingly naive children could be seen clearly. He placed it in the bedroom so they could see it at any time.

"Yao Yue, is it delicious?"

"En, it's okay." Beitang Yao Yue was leaning against a soft couch, idly turning the pages of the book in his hands.

Yao Yue was having a craving for sour and spicy foods, and wanting to eat them almost everyday. With little difficulty, the Wangfu's chief manager found in this winter months, the rare fresh pineapples and hawthorn berries, and also pickled plums. But Beitang Yao Yue's upbringing was too good; obviously he wanted to eat them, but he only ate when it was time for meals and not at any other times.

It didn't matter, Dongfang Hao Ye ordered those fruits to be made into various kinds of light snacks so he could feed them to Yao Yue at any time.

"Why are you staying here? Aren't you bored?" Beitang Yao Yue asked.

"Hehe.. I'm looking at you, how could I be bored?"

Beitang Yao Yue had long been used to Hao Ye's sweet talking, now when he heard them he didn't say anything. But the person who was just coming in through the door could not help but shiver in chill by those words.

"Jian Qing, you came." Beitang Yao Yue straightened up and pointed to the chair in front of him, asking Jian Qing to sit down, "Where's Yao Chen?"

"She couldn't come. Lian'er is having a fever, so she stayed."

Beitang Yao Chen and Gong Jian Yu's two children, Hua Lan and Hua Lian had also been brought back from the border, and were staying at Gong Family's residence in Yaojing.