Chapter 12

Dongfang Hao Ye was bedridden for three days, during those time Beitang Yao Yue had never come once. Although Dongfang Hao Ye's fever had dropped, he was still very weak.

Xiao Wangye often regretted maybe he should not have said those words that day, provoking Beitang Yao Yue's anger, annoying Beitang Yao Yue so he probably did not want to see him anymore. So after he got a little bit better, he decided to go find Beitang Yao Yue.

In these days, the Wangfu assigned to him two maidservants, Zhu Ruo and Hong Ju. Zhu Ruo heard that Xiao Wangye was going to go visit the Third Master, she brought a pile of clothes and helped him put them on layer by layer. Among them, the outer coat was the most gorgeous.

Xiao Wangye was born rich and wealthy, or course he'd seen this kind of thing more than once. At a glance, he could see it was made from a hundred-years old snow ferret skin that lived in the coldest parts of North Lands, it was very valuable because there were only three pieces of these coats, it was extremely rare. He said, "Is it White Ferret's fur from Thousand Snow?"

"Wangye has good eyes, it exactly is." Said Zhu Ruo, "This is a spoil of war from when Elder Wangye went to Wuxun several years ago. I heard there were only three pieces of these in the whole world. Because Junzhu and the Third Master were twins born prematurely, they were born weak, and Elder Wangye and Eldest Master pampered them. They were given a piece of the coat each."

[Junzhu is generally given to daughters of Qinwangs, while emperor's daughters are titled 'Gongzhu'. Both are translated into 'princess'.]

"... This, Yao Yue let me wear it?"

"Yes. Third Master said that Xiao Wangye naturally can not endure cold, but loves to wander around, so it's bad if he catches an illness. Now it's the coldest days of winter, so you cannot afford to be sick. So Third Master prepared this coat earlier, for you to wear so you feel warm and nice. Lest you freeze over and we could not explain to Wen Emperor." Zhu Ruo replied as she helped him tie it.

Dongfang Hao Ye felt warmth spread over his heart, bowing his head he touched the soft and warm ferret fur. Then he took the lace from Zhu Ruo's hands and carefully tied it himself in front of a mirror. After that, he went outside the room with a sniff.

A cold North Wind blew by and brushed past him, but he didn't feel cold at all.

To tell the truth, Dongfang Hao Ye did not understand what Beitang Yao Yue was thinking.

Shui Lian'er said that it was not love if it was him alone.

But since the first time he got acquainted with Beitang Yao Yue till now, somehow it was only him alone in this relationship.

Even though Beitang Yao Yue was now bearing his baby child, possibly it was only a momentary feeling. Otherwise... Otherwise he would not be so indifferent when he saw Hao Ye and Liu Jian that day.

But sometimes, when he imagined what it was like from Beitang Yao Yue's perspective, he also felt that Yao Yue's attitude was completely justified. If he himself was married to someone of the same sex, to a place so far away from home, he thought he would also be full of fury. Added that he had to act like husband and wife for a year or more, he must be quite exhausted.

What was more, Beitang Yao Yue liked a strong person, appreciated a strong person. Dongfang Hao Ye, who was younger than Beitang Yao Yue, his martial arts were not as good, everything of him was not as good. And now, what was little of his skill was gone. In Yao Yue's eyes, probably this weakling had become an even weaker person.

Sigh... Xiao Wangye exhaled deeply; could not even understand himself.

Although Beitang Yao Yue was beautiful then and now, after all he was a man. A man whose temperament was cold; it was not easy to be close to him.