Chapter 9

Shui Lian'er was half-shocked and half-angered, she sat helplessly by the side for a long moment before softly said, "Wangye, are you feeling better now?"

"Huhuhu... What if Yao Yue doesn't want me?"

"How would I know?" Shui Lian'er said bluntly, but it only made Xiao Wangye cry even louder.

Suddenly the door slammed open and a person rushed in. Seeing the man, Shui Lian'er scrambled to stand up. She bowed a little and said, "Gate Master Nangong."

Nangong Liu Jian's handsome face carried a warm and genial smile as always. He nodded to her once, then when his gaze swept over to Dongfang Hao Ye, he was surprised, "You cried?"

"Not your business!" Dongfang Hao Ye wiped the tear tracks on his face before coldly croaking, "Gate Master Nangong is a very busy person, why aren't you here with Second Prince?"

"Me?" Nangong Liu Jian said while glancing at Shui Lian'er.

Shui Lian'er tactfully retired and closed the door behind her.

"Hao Ye, I'm sorry. What happened last night was not my intention."

Dongfang Hao Ye sneered, "Not your intention, but you didn't mind at all. How was it? Seeing Yao Yue being tortured, weren't you pleased with yourself?"

"Do you think I'm that kind of person?" Nangong Liu Jian was exasperated while his eyes showed pain.

Dongfang Hao Ye also felt that his accusation was too heavy, but when he recalled the hardships Beitang Yao Yue had to endure, and that they almost lost their child, how could he accept it? So he ignored the protests.

Nangong Liu Jian lowly sighed, said "Hao Ye, you really do like him?"

"I don't like him. I love him!"

Nangong Liu Jian's face paled, "Why? Why him?"

"No reason. Since the first time I saw him, I know he is the one." Dongfang Hao Ye calmly and lowly said, "Liu Jian, I'm not lying to you. I like Yao Yue, I love him."

Nangong Liu Jian was silent for a long time, then he painfully said, "Since when?"

Dongfang Hao Ye didn't answer.

Nangong Liu Jian looked straight at Dongfang Hao Ye and gritted his teeth, "I would rather you lied to me!"

Dongfang Hao Ye sighed, "Liu Jian, I'd told you earlier, we are not possible. Why didn't you ever give up after all these years?"

Nangong Liu Jian sat on a chair, his face expressionless.

"Liu Jian, now you know how important he is to me, so what happened yesterday should never be repeated, or I'll never forgive you."

Nangong Liu Jian smiled sarcastically, "What did I do? Didn't you ask me to approach Dongfang Ye, to allure him into a maze, to provoke him into treason while acting friendly? Did I do it wrong?"

Dongfang Hao Ye unflinchingly said, "You did it right? But you shouldn't have hurt Yao Yue, shouldn't sit still while watching him being tortured."

Nangong Liu Jian watched him closely, "You're saying this to me, it's not fair."

"Perhaps." Dongfang Hao Ye shrugged, "Fair or unfair, it's subjective. Love is selfish anyway, and I only have Yao Yue in my heart, so naturally I only think for him."

Nangong Liu Jian hatefully said, "You're a fox with no conscience!"

"Didn't you know that already?" Dongfang Hao Ye huffed, acknowledging that he did make use of Nangong Liu Jian for years.