Chapter 14

WARNING! SEXUAL CONTENT!

"Yao Yue, are you angry with Hao Ye?" Beitang Yao Chen came into the room, her long robe trailing behind her and then she sat down elegantly. Had she walked in with a white jade fan in her hands, she would've portrayed a gentle nobleman image perfectly.

"What are you doing here?"

"To come see you. I heard your fetus was disturbed, and of course, as your sister, I'm worried for you."

Beitang Yao Yue looked at her wearing clothing with his own style, said, "Drink less at the Palace Banquet. You know I always drink light."

"I know." Beitang Yao Chen recalled Dongfang Hao Ye's sad little face, said, "Yue, don't be so hard to Hao Ye. He came all the way from Wen to find you, only to be scolded by you. He's so pitiful. I know your temper is unpredictable right now, but don't dump it all on him."

Beitang Yao Yue said nothing, Beitang Yao Chen stepped closer to sit next to him, and asked seriously, "Yue, you really don't want to come back with him?"

Beitang Yao Yue said lightly, "It's not that I don't want to, but I can't."

Beitang Yao Chen frowned, "What do you mean? Are you saying..."

Beitang Yao Yue lowered his gaze, "He is the younger brother the Wen Emperor dotes on the most. Now with civil unrest taking place in Ming, Wen Emperor just stands by the side and let his brother go all the way to Yaojing alone. Have you ever thought about what their purpose is?"

"I have thought about it." Beitang Yao Chen promptly said, "But you should've wondered what his purpose is, not their purpose."

Beitang Yao Yue raised an eyebrow, "You trust Hao Ye?"

"Why wouldn't I trust him?" Beitang Yao Chen stared at Beitang Yao Yue, sighed, "You've been fooled by him once, so you couldn't trust him that easily. But have you ever wondered why he lied to you?"

"Then why do you think he lied to me?" Beitang Yao Yue asked lightly.

Beitang Yao Chen thought for a moment, then said, "Yue, I didn't think what he did was wrong. He just wanted to get to you."

"By using such a foul method."

"But, Yue..." Beitang Yao Chen gently smiled, eyes pointed to his belly, "Do you really have no feelings at all?"

Beitang Yao Yue was silent, then he let out a barely-there sigh.

Beitang Yao Chen pulled his hand, "Yue, why don't you trust him this once? If you can't be open, it's not him that I fear, it's you."

Beitang Yao Yue was startled.

Beitang Yao Chen sighed, "We are twins, what can you conceal from me? Eldest Brother was the heir to Beitang Wang, while Second Brother titled the Duan Qinwang, they earned 'Ri-Hui Brilliant Pair' in the capital. Growing up, we were fearless; everyone wanted to fawn over us, but who among them treated us sincerely?

"Though you are cold and aloof just like Eldest Brother, as if you care nothing of human emotions, but I know deep in your heart you were really looking forward to having someone who could be with you, who could stay with you."

Beitang Yao Yue knitted his eyebrows and lowered his gaze.

Beitang Yao Chen continued, "We are twins, nothing could separate us. When you were a child, your health was not good. When you were lying on the bed, we would be holding hands and refusing to let go. Otherwise, we would cry. However as you got older, you became more independent and your temper cooler. Others said you were like Father, but I'd say you were like Diedie."