Chapter 17

Coming down from the tower, Dongfang Hao Ye's mind circled over and over and over again; he was somehow at loss.

Ming Country's current civil unrest was a great opportunity for his own country. Later, even if he could not seize the whole country of Ming, he could very easily shake its borders and imperial court government.

For Wen Country, Tuoba Zhen's proposal was a great temptation. Although he and his schemes were like a ravenous wolf [also meant vicious tyrant], but Wen was also a beastly bear or tiger; if Wen allied with the Wolf, swallowing a big fatty meat like Ming was not impossible.

Of course, Ming would not let itself be eaten, it would definitely fight back, but at the very least Wen could cut Ming's eleven counties in the south of Yan River, plus the southwest part of Lingzhou and thirty two counties in the northwest. This battle could injure Ming so deep its national strength would be declining; this kind of injury would need at least twenty years to recover.

But for himself, how could he incite this kind of situation to Beitang Yao Yue? Beitang Yao Yue was Ming's nobleman, although he had 'married' as Dongfang Hao Ye's wife, he would not ignore the issues in Ming. How could Dongfang Hao Ye stand as enemies against Beitang Yao Yue?

This Tuoba Zhen was ferocious, his proposal was like a double-edged knife; one side was engraved with loyalties, one side with comradeship; and this knife continuously cut through Dongfang Hao Ye's heart [loyalties to Yao Yue, comradeship to his Wen Country..?].

If there was no Beitang Yao Yue, he would readily agree to this proposal. But if he imagined this time in Yaojing, as Beitang Wang was absent, Beitang Yao Yue had to strenuously work to support Ming and his family; Xiao Wangye's heart got heavier.

Faced with such a dilemma, these days, Xiao Wangye could not have good sleep, in the morning he would wake up with bruised under-eyes and frighten the people who saw him.

"This bed is too hard, it's uncomfortable to sleep on!" Xiao Wangye beat the bedspread, then pointed all over the room, shouting, "This place is too cold, I can't sleep!"

The two Xijue servant boys were frightened by Xiao Wangye's wrath, they could not understand how this place where Xiao Wangye had been sleeping fine these days, only today he said it was uncomfortable.

One of the two boys, whatever he had in mind, suddenly put on a bashful look on his face and whispered, "Wangye.. shall we warm your bed tonight?"

"What?" Dongfang Hao Ye responded with a jump, staring at the boy he said, "When did Benwang say that? Which one of your ears heard me say that?"

The two boys shrank back and looked at him helplessly.

Hmph! Pair of actors! They were, after all, a pair of cunning and sly Xijue wolves. He would not be fooled!

All of the anger in Dongfang Hao Ye's heart, he poured it out and lashed out at the two servant boys. They were sent by that bastard, Tuoba Zhen anyway. If it wasn't for that bastard, Dongfang Hao Ye would never be separated with his beloved wife, and be forced to come here. If it wasn't for that bastard, he would never think of betraying anyone and his home country would never have this kind of difficult situation.

Bastard! Maddening him to death!

"Jing Wangye, what happened here?" Tuoba Zhen came into the room and saw that the room was in a mess and the two servant boys were frightened; he was surprised, "Wangye, is there any dissatisfaction with the arrangements?

Dongfang Hao Ye ignored him.

Tuoba Zhen laughed, "This was my own unwise move. Originally I had thought to bring two beautiful girls for Wangye, but I didn't know if Wangye would like them. Then in the first few days, I saw Wangye was unwell, so I didn't dare send these beauties to serve you. But now, I see Wangye is in a great spirit, then..."