Chapter 8

Unlike the dungeon he was held in previously, this one was definitely for holding criminals. Beitang Yao Yue was pushed forward by the guards behind him, and with his footing unstable, he slammed to the ground.

Beitang Yao Yue tested his internal circulation again, and felt that his energy was raging inside him, coursing chaotically all over his body. No matter how many times he adjusted his breathing, it kept raging. His blood vessels and meridian points were all also disturbed. He was covered in layers of cold sweat, and he felt a pain from his lower abdomen.

Dongfang Ye and Nangong Liu Jian rushed in, then with their order Beitang Yao Yue was tied to a straight-backed chair; his arms were roped to the armrest, and his waist was chained.

Dongfang Ye warned the warden, "Careful, you can't leave any traces." When Nangong Liu Jian raised an eyebrow at him, he added, "Can't help it. The Emperor made me promise not to hurt him."

Nangong Li Jian saw Beitang Yao Yue's eyes were shut tightly and his complexion as pale as a white marble, he frowned and asked, "What did you do to him? I see he looked very pained."

Dongfang Ye laughed proudly, "Benwang was afraid Dispersing Incense had no effect on him, so I gave him a little bit of Lihun. If his inner force was dispersed, then the Lihun was ineffective. But if it wasn't, essential energy would be in chaos. Haha!"

Nangong Liu Jian cursed Dongfang Ye's deviousness.

This Lihun was an extremely troublesome poison; it would disturb the meridian points of a martial-artist. If not helped immediately by putting back the disordered internal system one by one, then in just a few hours Beitang Yao Yue's nerves would be severely damaged, after that even if he would not die, he would lose all his martial arts.

Nangong Liu Jian, in the end, was also a martial arts society member as Beitang Yao Yue. He could not help but warn, "If you destroyed his martial arts, are you not afraid to be blamed by the Emperor?"

"I only told the Emperor I wouldn't subject him to torture, but I didn't say I won't destroy his martial arts. Besides, the amount of the Lihun and Dispersing Incense I gave him are of small doses, at most he'll only suffer a bit and his martial art won't be completely destroyed. But..."

Dongfang Ye's eyes contained malicious intentions, "If his nerves are all damaged and become mad, then it's also good."

Shocked, Nangong Liu Jian said slowly, "If he became crazy, how would you get his Silver Dragon Token?"

Donfang Ye said, "Benwang have my ways." He waved his hand, then someone came in carrying a tray; there were several silver needles, their length were at least seven inches or more.

Seeing the needles, Nangong Liu Jian was dismayed.

In the Fuyou House's private prison, he had seen this kind of torturing instrument. According to the Chief Executioner, if the needles were inserted into the ligament between the bones, the pain would make a person crazy. But it was only the light method.

If you wanted it a bit meaner, you could insert them into a person's main meridian points; blocking the blood circulation or allowing it to flow in reverse. In a short time, the sufferer could lose his life.

"You're going to use this on him?"

"Yes." Dongfang Ye said proudly, "I didn't trust these Cuihun Needles, so I never tried it. But using these needles won't leave traces. If something happened to him, I could blame it on Beitang Yao Yue's own weakness, and I won't be implicated."

Seeing Nangong Liu Jian's apprehensions, he asked, "What? Gate Master Nangong disagrees?"

"It's not that." Nangong Liu Jian shook his head, frowning he said, "It's just that, Hao Ye..."