Chapter 16

On the day of his promised meeting with Yang Qing Yi, Xiao Wangye prepared some small gifts then took Xiao Dong to Liu Family's Shop at Yinxing Street.

Shopkeeper Zhao welcomed him and showed him to the back room, but there was only Yang Qing Yin inside and Yan Zi Xing was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is Zi Xing?"

Yang Qing Yi's expression was grim, he said, "He went out."

"He went out? Hadn't we made an appointment?"

Xiao Wangye felt it was a little weird. He heard that Liu Family Shop was opened by Yang Qing Yi's teacher; him entering the Grand Medical Hospital was also with his teacher's recommendation. Yan Zi Xing had also explained that he and Yang Qing Yi's teacher could be considered relatives, so he was allowed to stay here. Every time Xiao Wangye wanted to find him, Yan Zi Xing would be here waiting, but now he went out?

Yang Qing Yi said, "I quarreled with him and he went out in a fit of anger."

"You quarreled with him? Because of what?" Xiao Wangye felt it was even weirder. Wasn't those two's relationship good?

Yang Qing Yi wryly smiled and said, "It was nothing. Zi Xing is still a child, a few quarrels are inevitable. He was unhappy with a few things that I said."

Xiao Wangye saw he didn't want to talk about it, so he didn't ask. Anyway, he and Yang Qing Yi's friendship was not very close; they became friends only because they shared a journey together to Yaojing. Only because Yang Qing Yi had given him an effective prescription for Beitang Yao Yue, Xiao Wangye specifically prepared a gift to thank him.

So this time, with Yan Zi Xing's absence, Xiao Wangye and Yang Qing Yi did not have many things to talk about, and he didn't intend to stay long. He chatted with him a little then took his leave. Yang Qing Yi looked like he had so many things in his mind, and did not keep Xiao Wangye from leaving.

Xiao Wangye and Xiao Dong left the pharmacy shop and walked along the Yinxing street, when he was about to turn into Zhuque street, suddenly he heard someone calling from behind him.

"Why are you going already?" Yan Zi Xing, who'd been running all the way from afar, pulled Xiao Wangye's hand and complained.

Xiao Wangye rolled his eyes, "It's because you didn't come, I've waited for half a day."

Yan Zi Xing smiled sheepishly and said, "I had an argument with someone and was in a bad mood, I was just about to leave but then remembered that I'd made an appointment with you. Fortunately I came back, or I would've broken a promise. Let's go have a few drinks."

Xiao Wangye scratched his head, "I can't, I'm not a good drinker and can't drink too much."

Yan Zi Xing said, "Sissy! You're too stingy! If you're a man you can't refuse, it's only a few cups of wine."

Xiao Wangye was immediately provoked by those words, he said, "It's only some wine, who said I can't drink! Let's go, today let's drink to our heart's content!"

The two then went to Zuifu House and bought several pots of wine.

Yan Zi Xing called the old server, reprimanding him for fooling them with new wine, and for not allowing them to drink the wine older than nine years. Those kinds of wine, of course, were not cheap, but Yan Zi Xing generously threw a large pile of gold on the counter, making the server's eyes widened.

Xiao Wangye sent Xiao Dong to far, far away, then together with Yan Zi Xing ran into one of his relatives' house to find more drinks. When Yan Zi Xing carried Xiao Wangye to jump onto the roof, he asked with some surprise, "What happened to your internal forces?"