Chapter 19

The days in the mountain were really hard, but Xiao Wangye's days were even harder.

Collecting firewood? Originally he thought that collecting firewood was easy, but when he tried it; because he was doing it with improper force, his arms became so numb. Xiao Dong ended up handling the firewood, and helped massaged Xiao Wangye's hands for a long time.

Fetching water? He'd thrown the bucket into the well, but it was only floating on the water surface and would not sink in no matter how much force he put. Xiao Wangye was so frustrated he even tried to jump in, but fortunately Xiao Dong came in time to pull him back.

Xiao Wangye was angry, "Ughh.. Xiao Dongzi, I am an idiot. Even such a simple job, I can't do it..."

Xiao Dong comforted him, "You are a Wangye, it doesn't matter if you can't do these kinds of jobs."

But Xiao Wangye didn't want to give up. After a few attempts, finally he got the hang of it. Don't mention collecting so many firewood, even filling the water tank until it was full, was a piece of cake. When he was holding a plate of scrambled egg he made himself and presented it to Beitang Yao Yue, he was trembling with excitement.

"How is it? Is it delicious?" Dongfang Hao Ye stared with wide eyes, nervously asked Beitang Yao Yue.

"En, it's not bad." Beitang Yao Yue smiled slightly.

"Really?" Xiao Wangye's eyes brightened and his smile was so wide, "Whatever I make is usually good. Yao Yue, here, eat some more."

Seemingly enjoying the food, Beitang Yao Yue did so. Xiao Wangye was so proud.

I really am a genius, I can learn everything fast. Hahaha...

---

"Show me your hands." When they retired in the evening, Beitang Yao Yue suddenly said.

"Why?" Dongfang Hao Ye held out his hands. Beitang Yao Yue took Hao Ye's hands in his and examined them carefully, "Your hands have become rougher."

Dongfang Hao Ye carelessly said, "A man doesn't need to have delicate and tender hands." As he said that, he turned Beitang Yao Yue's hands and felt that his hands were smaller than Yao Yue's.

Beitang Yao Yue's fingers were slender and sleek, the shape was very good looking. And because he'd been practicing sword for many years, his hands showed that he was a hard-worker.

But Dongfang Hao Ye's fingers were slightly thin and short, and his palms were fair and tender. At one glance, it could be seen from his hands that he was a pampered son of wealthy parents. However these days, he'd been chopping firewood and fetching water under the blowing wind and burning sun. Now his hands were a little rough, looking a bit more masculine.

"Yao Yue, why is it that your fingers look good?" Xiao Wangye praised.

"A man doesn't need good-looking fingers." With a gentle smile on his face, Beitang Yao Yue copied Dongfang Hao Ye's answer.

Xiao Wangye laughed, and leaned forward to circled Yao Yue's waist, "If the babies are girls, they would look like you."

"If they are boys?"

"Um... They'll also look like you."

"Why is it that they should look like me?" Beitang Yao Yue closed his eyes and lazily asked.

"Anyways, I hope the babies will look like you." Xiao Wangye reached his hand to touch Yao Yue's belly; the babies were so quiet as if they were sleeping.

Sometimes, they would fight inside the belly, making Beitang Yao Yue cold-sweat and his expression would turn a little sickly; the pain was much more intense than when they were still at the Wangfu.