Extra Chapter 3

My Wangfei is a Man extra 3

#3 Xiao Wangye Wants a Daughter

"Yao Yue, Yao Yue!"

Dongfang Hao Ye animatedly ran into the inner courtyard, seeing a man napping on a couch under the tree he immediately quieted. Silently he went to the man, took off his shoes, gingerly climbed onto the wide and soft couch, then he leaned closer to the man.

Looking at the man's beautiful face, he became so happy, but didn't dare to wake the man up.

After struggling to sit still for some time, in the end he couldn't help shifting closer and reaching out his hand. Touching the man's bulging belly, he giggled.

After he laughed for a while, suddenly he remembered looking up, only to see a pair of dark obsidian eyes watching him with a hint of smile.

"Yao Yue, did I wake you up?"

"Well, you kept touching me, how could I sleep?"

Xiao Wangye stuck his tongue out, "I just wanted to touch the baby."

Beitang Yao Yue gave a disbelieving stare. Truth was, when Dongfang Hao Ye came in from outside calling his name, he was already awake. But he was too tired to answer the call. Then when he saw Hao Ye climb up the couch, he still didn't want to respond. Just as he was getting fed up with Hao Ye disturbing him, he opened his eyes.

"Where have you been? Why are you coming back looking so happy?"

"That's right! Baby daughter!" Remembering the big news, Dongfang Hao Ye clapped his hands as he shouted. Then from his bosom, he took out a talisman and waved it in front of Beitang Yao Yue. He said with excitement, "I went to the temple and asked for a stick [inscribed bamboo stick]. The Abbot said that this time I would have a daughter. I donated three hundred liang of silvers to ask for this Qianjin* Charm. The Abbot said if you wear this for seventy nine days, you will definitely have a daughter."

[*'qianjin' meant: 'thousand pounds of gold; money and riches; invaluable support; (honorific) daughter'.]

"I don't believe in this kind of thing, take it away!"

Xiao Wangye's heart sank, hugging Yao Yue with a pitiful look he said, "Yao Yue, I want a baby daughter. I want a baby daughter."

Beitang Yao Yue frowned, "Why are you wishing such a wish?"

Xiao Wangye said, "A daughter will be so adorable. Think about it, if our daughter were to look like you, in the future she'll definitely be the number one beauty in the world. She'll be prettier than Third Brother's Rong'er. Every day I want to dress her beautifully and teach her to be the best maiden, every man in the world will be fascinated with her."

Beitang Yao Yue was amused as he saw how Hao Ye's eyes shone, but he deliberately put on a long face and drolled, "Seems like you don't like the sons that I'd given birth. Then tomorrow I'll order someone take Jun Qian, Jun Chen and Jun He out of your eyesight."

Dongfang Hao Ye was startled and quickly apologized with a laugh, "When did I say my sons were bad? I like them very much. What's more, they're all born from you, they're my heart and bones."

"Then why do you always want a daughter?"

Xiao Wangye solemnly blinked, "Yao Yue, don't you want a daughter? People say that a daughter is her parents' little heart warmer*. I don't believe that you don't want one."

[* Actually it's written "intimate little padded-jacket". My guess is a padded-jacket is something to make you warm. When you're warm, your heart is warm too.]