Chapter 2

In the afternoon, Liu Bo accompanied Xiao Wangye to 'inspect' his own manor, suddenly Xiao Wangye thought of something and asked, "Liu Bo, why did I marry Yao Yue in the first place?"

Yao Yue said it was a political marriage, but still there should be reasons behind it.

However, Liu Bo himself was not entirely clear, he only told what little he knew.

Two years ago, Xiao Wangye's Third Brother, currently the ruling Emperor of Wen Kingdom, retrieved a letter from not-known-where. The letter said that once the Late Emperor and King Beitang of the time, Beitang Ao, made a marriage arrangement for their unborn children.

Thinking that it was both the ancestor's last wish and a good opportunity to ally with Ming Country, he wrote a letter to the present Beitang King, Beitang Yao Ri, proposing to fulfil the marriage contract.

Beitang Yao Ri immadiately returned the letter and explained to the Emperor, since they had never heard of the matter and it had been a long time ago, Beitang family's one and only princess had already married five years ago and was now a mother of two children. The Beitang Palace was willing to offer golds and gifts to make up for breaking the contract.

The Emperor was upset and said, "Are you implying that our Wen Country lacked gold?" He then wrote another letter, considering the honorable reputation of both figures, how could they violate the ancestors' will? Beitang Wang received the letter and replied, since Wen Emperor had the marriage contract, why did he not write earlier? It was already late.

The Emperor replied, since they already signed the marriage contract, why did they arrange a marriage with another family? Beitang Palace was the one breaking the contract, so they should be responsible.

Beitang Yao Ri replied, did he mean for his younger sister to leave her husband and marry again? Would he accept a twice-married woman?

The Emperor was angered. How could he do such an immoral thing! So he wrote back again...

So the two people wrote back-and-forth, fighting with words, throwing mist and smoke; a full six months passed but no one could convince anyone. The matter had gradually affected the diplomatic relations of the two countries. It was around that time, when suddenly one day the Emperor found a good solution.

This solution, needless to say, was the cause of the sensational marriage of Dongfang Hao Ye and Beitang Yao Yue.

Since Ming and Wen countries held a truce more than two decades ago, it ended the chaos of warfare; the world was peaceful, the people settled down, after a few years of recovering, the livelihood gradually prospered, some extravagant culture began to rise, and homosexuality was one of them.

Even so, the marriage between two men Wen Country's Jing Wangye and Ming Country's Beitang Wang's family son, though honorable and legitimate, still shook the people under the sky.

After Liu Bo's explanation, Xiao Wangye was still doubtful, how could the Emperor have thought such a bizarre idea? How did he convince his court, Mother and various councilors, also... himself?

Dongfang Hao Ye faintly thought that unless he was willing, even the Emperor would not be able to persuade him.

Maybe he originally already had a crush on Beitang Yao Yue.

If the idea had not come from Dongfang Hao Ye himself, how could he be so easily manipulated by the Emperor?

While he was pondering and mulling over, unconsciously he had already followed Liu Bo out of the study room. When he had one foot stepped over the threshold, Liu Bo suddenly threw a sentence which made him stumble.