Chapter 18

The next day, Dongfang Hao Ye only got up when the sun had already climbed high in the sky. Tuoba Zhen's first sentence for him was a question asked with a wide grin, "Did Wangye sleep comfortably last night?"

Dongfang Hao Ye lazily stretched his back and said with a giggle, "With a beauty in my arm, of course I slept so well."

Tuoba Zhen saw Xiao Wangye's lazy and satisfied look and thought this Beauty Plan was most definitely effective. This Wen Country's Xiao Wangye maybe was not a homosexual, maybe his marriage with Beitang Yao Yue was merely a symbol of alliance of two countries. But even if he was a homosexual, in front of a woman this beautiful, what man could resist?

Dongfang Hao Ye said, "I want to write two letters for my brothers, can Second Prince let someone send them?"

Hearing this, Tuoba Zhen's eyes shone, with a smile he said, "Of course."

This matter could not be delayed; Dongfang Hao Ye immediately wrote two letters. One was for his Emperor Brother; the content didn't have to be too detailed, it was more or less what Tuoba Zhen had proposed to him that day, and how this proposal would bring benefits for Wen.

The other letter was to be sent to Deyun Pass, which was right on Ming-Wen Countries' border; for Zhenxi Wangye, the Marshall of three hundred thousand military forces, Dongfang Hao Ye's eldest brother, Dongfang Hua.

Dongfang Hua's reply soon arrived, his letter clearly stated that he wanted to meet with Dongfang Hao Ye. After all, this was a matter of great importance. He didn't wait for the Emperor's decree but wanted to directly discuss with Hao Ye soon. Tuoba Zhen checked the letter and didn't doubt it, immediately he ordered his people to prepare, and he wanted to accompany Hao Ye to Deyun Pass to meet Dongfang Hua.

If his proposal was accepted, then it was expected that he and this Wen Country's Great General would share Ming Country between them.

If it was rejected, at the very least Tuoba Zhen could seize Dongfang Hua's hundred thousand elite soldiers; that would ease his way in pushing Si Jian to the Ming's throne and him obtaining a vast land including Lingzhou.

But Tuoba Zhen didn't know that the letter was a trap to lure him to Deyun Pass. Dongfang Hao Ye's real secret letter was the one he'd written at Beitang Yao Yue's tent that night, and he'd had Xiao Dong sent it.

As for Si Jian, Xiao Wangye originally had wanted to deal with him himself, but after that meeting with Beitang Yao Yue, he changed his mind.

For Yao Yue's sake, this matter should not be delayed. Dongfang Hao Ye no longer stubbornly tried to compete with Beitang Yao Ri, and decided to use all forces available to resolve this as soon as possible. He told Beitang Wang about the coming meeting, knowing Beitang Wang would utilize Tuoba Zhen's deceitfulness to provoke the in-laws, Si Jian and Li Can, to think that Tuoba Zhen had turned into an enemy.

Dongfang Hao Ye and Beitang Wang's secret communication was made possible because of Yan Zi Xing. Not only did he play-act with Xiao Wangye in the daytime, he also ran back and forth between Tuoba's Residence to Beitang Wang's camp at night.

It was at this time when Dongfang Hao Ye and Beitang Wang had finished discussing their separate plans, that Dongfang Hua's reply came.

Tuboa Zhen moved very quickly. On the second day after they received Dongfang Hua's reply, he was all ready to go along with Dongfang Hao Ye to Deyun Pass. Of course, Dongfang Hao Ye didn't forget to bring Yan Zi Xing who dressed as Cai Xing.

When they arrived at Deyun Pass, Dongfang Hua had already set up a private team to wait and welcome them. The arrangement at the pass was simple but Tuoba Zhen still had some cautions, he didn't enter and stationed his people outside the pass.