Chapter 10

Two months later, in the middle of the night, in the Jing Wangfu.

"Ow, ow, ow... it hurts, it hurts, it hurts.. ow..."

The screams coming out of the Yaoyue Building of Jing Wangfu, broke the tranquility of the night.

Howling, howling, howling...

Dongfang Hao Ye howled until his throat had gone hoarse, but the shrewd woman didn't even seem to show any mercy.

At the moment, Xiao Wangye was seriously doubting, was he not loud enough?

"It hurts? Do you still know what is hurt? Is your face hurt? Are you hurt enough?"

"Huhuhu... It hurts... Mother, it really hurts... Huhuhu..."

Teary-eyed Xiao Wangye's lower half body lay on the bed; the upper half was hanging over the edge of the bed; twisting his neck, he looked pitifully at the vicious woman who was trying to tear off his ear.

"Useless little bastard! Is mother hurting you? Your mother's heart also hurts!" The Empress Dowager's delicate hand reached to beat the hell out of Xiao Wangye's white forehead.

As he was trying to dodge and act innocent, Dongfang Hao Ye looked at the dignified, graceful and fair woman in front of him; and lamented.

Huhu... why was it that all the women he knew were all beautiful people, but their temperament were similarly... unbearable?

His sister-in-law and that Shui Lian'er, he didn't mind. But why was his mother also like this? He thought that his mother had been fasting and praying for Buddha for so many years, her disposition would be a few times calmer; but she'd actually had no change?

Oh, even rivers and mountains changed easily, but human nature didn't change as easily.

Women really were too difficult to deal with, Dongfang Hao Ye thought, that was why he loved his dear, beloved wife the best.

Although his wife was a man, had a cold temperament, was a bit heartless; and was determined to break up with him... but still Dongfang Hao Ye liked him.

Dongfang Hao Ye inwardly sighed, while the Empress Dowager continued to nag, nag, nag.

"What do you think your mother is praying for all these years? It is for you two brothers to grow up, be in good health, be safe without worries, then to marry and have children, to spread the branches of Wen Country with many children and grandchildren, and lead the country to ages of prosperity.

"But look at you two! You! You both are disappointing!"

"Not long after Your Emperor Brother married, he already had two princesses from his imperial concubine; Bengong is assured he and the Empress later can have children and grandchildren.

"But you, this little brat! That year you insisted on taking a man as a wife, this old mother had to run here from Li Palace in anger. Later, after hearing that Beitang Yao Yue was a Moye; a man that could bear children, and after you pleaded day and night; mother finally agreed to your marriage.

"But look at you now!"

As Dongfang Hao Ye rolled all over the bed trying to dodge the Empress Dowager's jabs; tears started piling up on her eyes. In the end, she exhausted her patience, and she weakly fell down.

"Mother!" Dongfang Hao Ye shouted, he caught the Empress Dowager and complained, "Right now my wife is carrying a baby, this son is not lying."

"You can still talk? Where is this baby? Where is my grandchild?" The Empress Dowager's shrewd almond-shaped eyes glared at him.