CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT ➳ FRED AND HERMOINE

AN: I'm really sorry the uploads have been slow, and that this chapter may seem a little short. We've gone back into lockdown here in England, and the state of our exams is shocking. It's taking a toll, especially since I don't have a co-writer anymore. So, please be patient and show this some love  :)

Song recommendation: 'All Around me' By Flyleaf.

----

The plan was set. The gang were going back to save their friend.

Was it a little unconventional? Yes. But it needed to happen.

Dumbledore would never suggest the ideas if it wasn't what was right. Sure, he'd endangered a few of his students, even let one die, but he wouldn't let them mess up the whole existence of time, right?

Besides, this wasn't Cedrics time. The boy had so much potential to make the world a better place, and Voldemort had no right to destroy yet another life.

The group knew this, he who shall not be named had taken so much from them already. Parents, friends, their ability to feel safe ; it was too much, too unfair. These children deserved to enjoy their life, hang out with their friends, and fall in love. The most stress they should feel is about their next exam, not when death eaters will show up next.

So, here they were, not only planning to save Cedric, but planning their revenge.

"Wait wait wait, I'm still confused," George mumbled as the group had moved their meeting into the Gryffindor common room. It was about 2 AM, yet the group couldn't sleep, their heads were swamped with ideas of how they were going to get their friend back.

Dumbledore, in his infinite wisdom, had provided the kids with a time turner, and they planned to go back into the past. Back before the Goblet of fire had even announced the champions. They still needed Cedric to compete, yet this time, he would have the support that he needed when it truly mattered, meaning that the kids would be adding even more names into the Goblet of Fire.

"For God's sake George, this is why we won't be putting your name into the Goblet." Saffron sighed jokingly. To say her mood was lifted was an understatement, the hope that she had been given elated her. She knew this was risky, yet for the first time, she was actually happy that Dumbledore was endangering his students. But that didn't mean her pain and stress had been eradicated. Quite the opposite. She had a hopeful , almost cheerful exterior, but inside she was panicking

"Basically George, the time turner turns back time, clue is in the name, you dimwit," Hermoine sassed back, imitating her sister's energy.

Everyone laughs at Hermoine's matter of fact nature, yet Ellie can't seem to find the humour in the situation. She's scared, and she has every right to be. Just because they had the chance to save Cedric, doesn't mean they'll be successful. What if they lose another friend? They can't just keep going back in time forever.

The girl sits quietly in the corner, a good few feet away from her friends, as they all try to discuss what their plan of action would be. However, the blonde girl can't join in their enthusiasm and humour, the disgust and worry building up in her chest.

How can they be so happy?

Their friend was still dead. His father was still devastated and the world was still missing an ethereal boy, while a truly malicious evil entity walked free, like he always did.

Yet here her friends were, goofing off and joking about the younger twins intelligence, as if Cedric was still here. When he wasn't, and he might never be again.