CHAPTER FOURTEEN ➳ EVERYONE PT 2.

AN: There's a fight scene in this, so be careful reading if that kinda thing upsets you :)

Song recommendation: 'Too Close' By Sir Chloe (the lyrics make me think of Draco).

...Everyone watches in horror. The hallway is silent.

After getting over the initial shock, everyone bursts into anger. Fred charges into Draco, his lanky arms tackling him to the concrete ground. Rhianna runs over to help the blonde sit up, as she clutches her cheek in pain. He hit her on the same side as her prior bruise, meaning the pain is twice as intense. Ellie cries softly, half in shock, half emotionally and physically exhausted by the pain and sadness that seems constant for her at the minute. She wonders if after tonight, would all this suffering finally be over?

George heads over to Ellie after he gets over the cold shock he had just felt wash over him. It's one thing to hear the abuse Ellie had faced, but it was another to see it for the first time. He felt so nauseous, the noise of the contact between Draco's hand and the poor girl's face was ringing in his ears. George scooped the trembling girl up before cradling her as she cried desperately, shaking in pure fear. As much as George was prepared to fight Draco, he knew Ellie needed support and protection right now, as all she wanted was to feel safe.

The chanting from all of the years only gets louder, the two boys now wrestling on the floor for dominance. Fred, who had seen nothing but red as pure rage was ripping through him, was trying his hardest to do some sort of damage. And he was succeeding. Using one hand, he pinned the boy to the floor, the other now clenched within a fist and punched the lower year in the face repeatedly. Draco scrambled away before getting a few lucky jabs into Fred's face.

Ellie was suddenly acutely aware that Fred was getting hurt, as she rushed over to the fighting pair. She desperately tries to break them apart, trying to drag Draco away as Fred punches his head into the ground. Draco pushes her away aggressively, and she hits the wall harshly.

"Fred stop, please. Y-you're scaring me!" Ellie cries, terrified at just how angry Fred could get. The ginger boy immediately stops, letting go of the younger year's collar, before looking over at his girl with sorrowful eyes. However, Draco isn't satisfied, as he quickly grabs a hold of the twin and punches him again. The young girl shrieks before sobbing at the sight, scared the boys were going to kill each other.

Cedric approached, dragging Draco off of Fred before he pinned the blonde boy against the wall, whispering venomous threats in the shorter boy's ears. Draco shoved him off, spitting at Cedric's feet, before Cedric snapped, punching Draco square in the jaw. He backed off, before Fred stomped back over and decided that he still wasn't done with Draco.

Finally, a teacher runs down the hallway shouting at the boys to stop. Ellie looks over, seeing Lupin with concern within his eyes. Ellie was pretty close with the professor. Her father wasn't around much, so the professor was a father figure to her, as well as Harry.

Lupin grabs Draco and drags him away from Fred, before George can quickly run up to his brother. Draco convulses in Lupin's arms, trying desperately to do more damage to Ellie or the boy he fought previously. Lupin quickly drags Malfoy away to his office, before warning the rest of the group that they'd be discussing the incident after the Christmas holidays.

Rhianna stood there completely mortified, unable to believe that her baby brother was capable of doing such a nasty thing. After tonight, she was going to get revenge on him in private, but seeing tonight's incident, she was fully aware that the next time she saw him, he was going to get what he deserved. The Gryffindor wanted to help her friend get the justice she deserved, and the only way to do that was rationalise and educate her brother. Their father wouldn't care of his abusive ways, acting with such little care towards her and her brother their entire lives. Rhianna wonders if their father's cold and elusive ways are part of the reason Draco is capable of such cruel acts, seeing that he completely lacks empathy.