CHAPTER TWENTY ONE➳ ELLIE AND FRED

Song recommendation- 'Violent' by Carolesdaughter

AN: This chapter gets pretty intense and there's sexual assault as well as a theme of suicide, so please read with caution. If anyone ever struggles with something similar, just know our DMs are open for anyone :)

After the whole Cho debacle, the gang split up, heading to their designated classes. This meant that most of them were split up. Rhianna was in herbology, George in charms, Cedric in potions and Fred, Ellie and Saff all had defence against the dark arts with Lupin, which they were all excited for.

Lesson's actually rolled around much quicker than expected, the group all splitting off to their classes. Saff, Ellie and Fred made their way to Defence Against the dark arts, their wands ready for whatever Lupin was about to teach them.

Rhianna however, was having a much more chill start to her morning. She was reading to go for her Herbology class, textbook in hand whilst reciting every fact about gillyweed she knew for her pop quiz. She sat by Neville, who always got highest in the class, even though he was in the year below. Well. . . not today, Longbottom.

Cedric was currently slumping it in Potions class, bored out his brain alone whilst he tried his hardest to focus. Because he was in the year above Saff and the gang, he was usually alone during class.

Snape was a scary professor, the Hufflepuff anxious that he would get picked on or do something wrong. He wished he had friends with him, especially a certain Slytherin to keep him company.

And last but not least. . . George. The boy was sat in charms class, twiddling his thumbs nervously whilst Flitwick rambled on about Homenum Revelio, a charm which was handy, revealing all human presence around you, so that no one can ever sneak up on you. It wasn't like he was paying attention anyways, he was too busy indicating playful banter with Aaron Phillips. That boy always made his day.

Currently, the group in Defence the Dark arts were at a steady focus, listening to Lupin's words carefully. They knew spells like this were important, Saff and Ellie especially. . . next time they run into a death eater, they have to be Prepared for it. Instead of almost dying, they had to pull some sort of spell to defend themselves.

"Who can tell me the spell used to confuse their enemies? " The teacher murmured, placing a hand upon his chin.

The whole class stayed completely silent, not knowing the answer. Saff was busy doodling with her quill anyways, whilst Fred was busy in the back of the class doing something rather suspicious. And as for Ellie? she was sitting there, looking up at her friend of a teacher quite awkwardly.

She knew the answer alright, but felt too awkward to say anything. . . common Hufflepuff trait.

"I see. . . hm, Mr Weasley? Care to answer?" He asked, leaning back on his desk in an amused fashion. Lupin was aware the twin had not been focusing well, too busy writing down god knows what on old pieces of scrap paper.

Fred looked up nervously, face almost as red as his hair. Of course he didn't know the answer, academics weren't exactly his strong suit. He was much more of a quidditch slash firework maker himself, not really one for answering questions.

"Uh. . . no I don't sir, sorry." He mumbled awkwardly, hiding his paper dove within his hands.

Lupin rolled his eyes, shushing the few small giggles that escaped that of the class. A student not knowing the answer was innocent, but the rest of his class being that silent? It was an unbelievable sight. He thought he taught better than this.

"Oh come on. . . nobody knows?" he grunts, head tilted in disbelief.

It was then when Ellie finally decided to work up the courage and raise her hand, every eye in the classroom now turning to face her. The professor finally cracked a smile, knowing that she knew the answer all along. The gang were his favourite students for obvious reasons, especially Ellie. He had high hopes for the young one.