CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ➳ FRED AND SAFFRON

Song recommendation: 'This Ain't A Love Song' by Scouting For Girls.

----

"What happened?"

"Is she ok?"

"Did she say anything?"

The questions come in waves as Fred and George walk down the stairs to the Gryffindor common room. They'd left Ellie to shower, the boys heading to get her some clean clothes from her dorm.

Everyone was in the room, including the younger years. Even Luna was there, waiting patiently for news on her cousin's condition.

"Luna, could you get El some clothes from her dorm, you'll have a better idea of what she wants" George asks and Lina nods, sauntering off.

"So, is she alright?" Saffron grumbles impatiently, starting to get annoyed at the twins stalling.

"Well" Fred begins.

"We're not allowed to say" George finished.

The group gasp and grumble in unison, Rhianna's hands on her hips, Saff's arms folded unimpressed whilst Cedric looked especially grumpy.

"What?!"

"She told us not to!" George replies, instantly realising they wouldn't get away with keeping a secret this big.

"Guys, how're we meant to protect her if we don't know what happened?" Cedric mutters, annoyed that the girl would trust the twins, but not her own older brother figure, the boy who has been protecting her as long as they have known each other.

"She's our friend too boys, we need to know-" Rhianna insists.

"B-but" George stutters, feeling guilty for the fact they wanted him to betray Ellie's trust. However, deep down he knew they needed to know. Despite this, the words can't seem to escape his throat.

"She was," Fred begins before coughing, the words struggling to leave him "she was sexually assaulted by Blaise and... and Draco. It sounded pretty... violent," He mutters, grimacing at the words leaving his mouth.

"N-no," Rhianna whispers, completely nauseous at the news. Her brother never failed to disgust her.

"What. The Fuck. " Saffron booms, pure anger seeping into the venomous words and she clenches her fists, causing her knuckles to turn white.

"I-its not good guys, she's not good. She keeps saying... worrying things" George mumbles sadly.

"Yeah no shit, look at what's happened to her in the past couple of weeks. I mean, shit guys, we need to do better for her. It's like we're sitting back and letting this happen!" Saffron says, her volume raising as she shouts the final words. She's angry at the Slytherin boys, disgusted they'd take advantage of a girl, but especially their girl. However, she's also mad at herself, as well as her friends.

"-We're failing again." Cedric mutters in agreement with his girl. Why would they let her walk the corridors alone? Especially around Draco, the psychopath clearly having it out for his ex.

There's a guilty silence in the room, nobody quite knowing how to react.

"Well, that stops today..." Saffron mutters, before storming off.

----

It was now a race against time. After the news of Ellie's assault getting out to their friends— Saff and Rhianna waste no time, hunting down this blonde bitch's ass.

The Gryffindor was utterly disgusted by her brother's actions, not quite being able to believe what the twins had told her back in the common room. Yes. . . Her younger sibling could come across as cold hearted and a cocky little shit at times but to sexually assault a girl? That was the final straw. She had no idea that he was even capable of hurting Ellie this bad.