CHAPTER SEVENTEEN➳ SAFFRON.

Song Recommendation: 'Jingle Bell Rock' by Bobby Helms (who cares that it's only October)

It's been a couple of minutes since the kiss, and the pair were still staring at each other in awe. Fred couldn't quite believe what was happening, questioning whether this was an alcohol fuelled fantasy. Then the boy suddenly remembered the key issue, the thing that could have influenced Ellie's decision to kiss him. Alcohol.

"Shit" Fred mutters, looking at the girl in front of him. He suddenly remembered that they'd been drinking, instantly worrying he was taking advantage of the girl, especially with how vulnerable she is in her currency position, getting over her awful ex boyfriend.

"What's up Freddie?" Ellie questions. Fred just shakes his head at the girl. She looks at him confused, before suddenly growing sad.

"Oh, if you regret the kiss, i-it's fine. We can forget it if you like" Ellie mutters, a cocktail of embarrassment and sadness woven in her tone.

"No El, it's not that. It's just, you've been drinking and you've just been with Draco. I don't want to take advantage of you" Fred signs, feeling guilty.

Ellie is shocked for a second, before she replies, her heart warming at the boys concern, he truly was the perfect gentleman. "Fred, don't be stupid. I kissed you, not the other way around. I'm not very drunk anyway" Ellie insists, putting his mind at ease. She had barely been drinking since the shots, and she wasn't slurring.

"Ok El, but just so you know, I don't want to forget it. Ever. I've loved you since that first moment on the train" Fred says sincerely, tearing up as he does so. Ellie has the biggest grin on her face, before she launches herself into Fred's lap, peppering soft kisses all over his face as she giggles. Fred laughs too, wrapping his arms around her waist and bringing her closer to his chest.

"I love you too Freddie" Ellie whispers into his neck, as a single tear rolls down the boy's face. He'd been waiting for this for so long.

----

While Fred and Ellie were confessing their feelings, everyone else was distracted and drunk, not noticing the happy pair's sentimental moment. Instead, George and Cedric were doing shot after shot, much to Saffron's worry. She didn't feel like babysitting tonight, but as the boys stumble around, she realised she may not have a choice.

She wanders off to get them a glass of water each, in the hopes of sobering the pair up. 'Dumbasses' Saff thinks as she walks.

Meanwhile, Ron and Rhianna were sitting on the stairs up to the dorms. They had spent most of the night together after they'd danced with the group. The pair were surprised at how much they had in common, truly enjoying each other's company.

The two kept inching closer, the tension rising as they both tried to keep the conversation light hearted. As the time went on, Rhianna was practically in Ron's lap. They were deep in conversation, gazing into each other's eyes. Suddenly, Ron's gaze flickers down to Rhianna's lips. But, before he can act on it, George comes bounding over to the pair; not seeming to notice what was about to go down.

'Bloody cockblock' Ron thinks, as the girl beside him gets dragged away by his older brother.

Saff returned shortly after, with two glasses of water. However, George was nowhere to be seen, and Saffron was slightly grateful, as his disappearance meant she only had to look after one drunken idiot, not two.

It wasn't long until the short brunette laid eyes upon the boy she had slowly begun to fall for. Her blue gaze was stuck to the taller one, noticing his already fair complexion turning even more. . . fair. The whites of the boy's eyes were much redder than when he had first began drinking, his drunk face now plastered upon his visage like a mask.