CHAPTER TWO ➳ RHIANNA.

Song recommendation: 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac (gives me a Slytherin vibe)

The large huddle of first years ascended the stairs, stopping at the intricate mahogany door of the great hall. An elderly lady in long, draping velvet robes approaches, introducing herself as Professor Mcgonagall. She begins to explain how the sorting hat process will go, describing the four houses.

"There's a total of four houses that you could be put into. These include Gryffindor..." The twins grin at each other at the mention of their supposed future house, as all the Weasleys of previous generations had been Gryffindors. Rhianna smiles to herself too at the thought of her desired house. Even though she longs for Gryffindor, she worries that if she doesn't get into Slytherin like her family expect, there will be trouble.

"...Hufflepuff...'' Everyone looks at Ellie expecting, which she laughs off nervously. Although she loves the thought of being a Hufflepuff, she would like to stay with her friends, particularly Rhianna, as the girls have been inseparable since birth.

"Ravenclaw, and Slytherin" Rhianna frowns at the mention of the dreaded house her parents favour. She makes eye contact with Ellie, who looks back at her sympathetically, knowing their situation. The twins grimace at the name of the house, all while Saffron looks at her new friends curiously.

"Jesus Christ. . . what's wrong with Slytherin? You look repulsed." She mumbled, fiddling with the loose threads of her robes sleeves.

"They have a rather, questionable, reputation around the wizarding community, Saff." George explains. "There's not a witch or wizard gone bad who wasn't sorted into Slytherin."

"So. . . are all Slytherins bad people?"

" Aw of course not Saffy! Lot's of Rhianna's relatives are from Slytherin. '' she says, glaring at the twins as Rhianna looks at the floor in shame. The boys look back at her, feeling guilty for hurting her feelings.

" Oh so– does that mean Malfoy is guaranteed a spot?" she raises a brow curiously, tilting her head towards the other. The muggle born was now interested on the topic, completely uneducated on the houses in question.

Ellie looks even more panicked then after the twins comment, looking at Rhianna wearily as she sighs.

"That's the issue, I don't know. My parents will be disgusted with me if I don't make Slytherin, but I just don't think it's me" Rhi explains with a forlorn tone to her voice.

"Rhi don't worr-" Ellie begins before being interrupted by Mcgonagall, who tells the group to enter the hall now. The immense doors in front of the children opens, and they all finally get a glimpse of the Hall in which their sorting ceremony would take place. Ellie gulps nervously, grabbing onto Fred's hand for stability as she looks at him with fear. He blushes lightly, squeezing her hand softly for reassurance, before they follow the rest of their year into the hall, walking hand in hand.

It seemed as though Saff found herself zoning out of conversation, focusing on the idea of being placed within the Slytherin household. Surely it isn't as bad as the twins made it out to be, right? Rhianna's entire bloodline is that of pure snake blood, and she turned out decent enough. If those who entered the house were really all evil, the gang would have been conned when becoming friends with Malfoy. Was it possible that those sorted into Slytherin were made out to be villainized based on past members? Any one of the new-found friend groups could enter the dark side.

"When I call your name, You will walk onto the Podium and the sorting hat will be placed on your head." The professor explains, holding a hat that almost looks as if it has a face.