CHAPTER SIX ➳ FRED.

Song Recommendation: 'Trouble' by Cage The Elephant. If you're going to listen to any of our recommendations PLEASE make it this one. This song was literally made for the twins, it describes them so accurately and I love it dearly.

----

It wasn't long until the gang found themselves crowded around the Goblet of Fire, its blue flame sparkling over the faces of the hundreds of students. It was a beautiful sight, really. It was something so personal that made every single kid feel so alive. . . this was really the moment of truth, who had the balls to nominate themselves.

Still upset about their missed opportunity due to age, the twins had found an idea to help their sticky situation. With everyone in Hogwarts knowing their reputation, as they all eagerly waited to see how the twins would get around this. The two smirked knowingly before they entered the hall, both excited to see if their master plan would be a winner. Being a few months off the age limit of seventeen was devastating, so how harmful could a small, insignificant, age boosting potion be?

"WHAYYY"

"YEAHHH"

The twins both run into the room, heading towards the Goblet with test tubes of a strange, green liquid in hand. They run in between the students surrounding, getting high fives as they go.

"Thank you, thank you" they mutter before heading past, Fred giving Ellie a wink as they pass her and Hermione, who are sat reading together.

"Well lads, we've done it"

"Cooked it up just this morning."

'That's why they weren't at breakfast Ellie thinks, remembering how she'd missed her favorite boys this morning.

"It's not going to work," Hermoine mutters in a sing-song manner, smirking as the boys approach her either side.

"Oh yeah?"

"And why is that Granger?" The twins question sarcastically, both already got it into their head that their stupid idea would succeed. Even though she knew this probably wouldn't work, Ellie was still nervous for her friends. She really didn't like the idea of any of her friends entering the competition. With Cedric entering, she didn't know if she could handle the stress of the twins competing too.

"You see this?" Hermoine begins with an eye roll, looking at the twins "this is an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" The twins question.

"So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled with something as pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion."

"That's why it's so brilliant"

"...because it's so pathetically dimwitted"

Both chuckled before looking at each other.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George!"

"Bottoms up!" They both cry before linking arms and downing the best tube of green liquid. Fred cringes slightly at the taste, before the two boys jump into the ring.

There's silence in the hall for a few seconds, everyone waiting for something to go wrong. When the twins think they're safe, they both cheer, causing everyone else following suit. Everyone but Hermoine and Ellie. Hermoine continues reading, very much over the twins antics for today. Ellie, however, bites her lip nervously as she sees the ginger duo each place their name in the goblet.

"YESSS" the twins shout, both thinking they are now officially in the running as the Hogwarts champion. However, they're shot down quickly, as the blue flame spits their names out, before flinging the twins out of the aging circle, as the hall erupts in laughter.