CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ➳ ELLIE & SAFFRON

Song Recommendation: 'Snowman' By Sia.

----

'God help me-' Ellie thought as prepared to apparate to the Gryffindor common room with her mother.

To say her mother didn't want her to return would be putting it a little too lightly.

"Ells you can't leave me, I'm keeping you here forever,' Ellie's mother sobs as she clutches her daughter.

Ellie stares helplessly at Sirius and Remus as they both shrug, before walking off to bed together.

"Mum please, I feel a little better. Besides, I need to go back, my friends are competing in the last challenge of the tournament in a couple of days." Ellie reasons softly, trying (and failing) to pull away from her mothers tight grasp.

It took a lot of reasoning, from her and the men, but eventually her mother allowed her to return, as long as Ellie agreed to let her apparate to Hogwarts and drop the girl off.

So, here she was, standing in Sirius' fireplace as her mother says where they're heading to, and off they go.

She had said her goodbyes to her two father figures, who both warned her to be careful and let them know if they need to 'deal with that scumbag Malfoy.'

The three Gryffindor's were sitting in their usual place, right by the fireplace, when they heard sudden movement from directly in front of them. They're shocked to see their elusive friend, along with an older woman who looks identical to the missing Hufflepuff.

"Ellie?" George questions excitedly, before the girl gives him a slight nod, combined with a cold stare. His excitement died at her response to him, almost expecting her to come running into his arms for a warm hug, as she usually would after they had been separated. But, she was still mad at him, and he didn't blame her.

"Hi Mrs Lovegood!" Rhianna immediately beams, instantly recognises the woman who practically raised her, seeing as Rhianna's home wasn't always the happiest place to be.

"Rhianna darling, come here!" Ellie's mother squeals, dragging the smaller girl into a tight hug as Ellie stands there. Never had the girl looked so uncomfortable in her life, as the twins sat there gawking at her.

She looked a little better, they had to admit. Her blonde hair is tied up into a low ponytail, and she's wrapped in a retro looking Gryffindor sweatshirt, which previously belonged to Sirius Black himself. The colour has returned to her cheeks, but the bruises on her neck are still visible just over the neckline of her sweater.

Fred just stares at her, not quite knowing how to react after their last interaction. The pair make awkward eye contact, and Fred can see the pain and betrayal she feels in her eyes, making him sigh. He would do anything to go back to how they were before the Quidditch world cup. Seeing her sleepy figure wearing his jumper while sitting at the breakfast table was truly a sight for sore eyes, and he yearned for the feeling of love and warmth that sight gave him.

"And you must be the famous Fred Weasley," Rowena says, finger guns pointing at George.

"Or, is it you?" She says, her finger guns lowering slightly as she squints, eyes flicking between the twins.

"It's me. It's lovely to meet you Mrs Lovegood," Fred replies. Stepping forwards awkwardly as he greets the girls mother.

"Ellie has told me a lot about you dear," She smiles as her daughter grimaces, watching her mum pull the boy in for a tight hug. Before Fred can pull away, the woman whispers 'thank you for protecting my daughter' in his ear.