CHAPTER THIRTY ➳ SAFFRON AND FRED

AN: Hi again guys!!!! I've missed you, I hope you've missed us too hehe. I'm really enjoying writing little bits at the minute, so hopefully the updates will be more often again, but no promises. 

Song recommendation- 'Tommy's party' by Peach Pit.

----

School was tomorrow.

Or more like, school was back tomorrow.

The group have used their break well, trying to mourn their friend and heal their pain.

That consisted of the group being very much separate.

Fred and Rhianna had been trying to get back to normal. Both of them were similar in the ways that they deal with their trauma, they like to push it to the back of their minds and get on with their lives. They had spent their short interval between their terms by practising quidditch, a lot.

Fred was a beater, along with his brother, and Rhianna was one of the Gryffindor chasers. Oliver Wood had finished his time at Hogwarts, and because of the busy year they had faced with everything triwizard related, their new team captain was yet to be decided. It had originally caused some tension between the two friends over the summer, as they both wanted the position, but as soon as they had returned to school, they had completely forgotten the position was still empty.

Despite the current situation, part of their hard work in the past few weeks had been fueled by the desire for the position. It was a nice break from their pain, the competition was a healthy distraction, and they needed it.

Cho had decided that she needed to leave the grounds for their break, too heartbroken to face the halls she had once walked with the boy she believed she loved. Part of her blamed Saffron, taking the time the pair had away with her antics, and a jealous, pained rage began building along with her sorrow.

The golden trio had banded together, knowing just how close their friend Harry had gotten with the boy. Hermione, being the smart witch she is, believed that the boy's feelings had been deeper than platonic, so she tried her best to comfort the boy to the best of her ability.

George had a more sensitive approach then his brother, of course, meaning he was less able to just get on with things, never mind grind quidditch.

Instead, he had been spending some of his time at the library. Was studying his thing? Of course not, he was still a Weasley twin. But the place was quiet, the environment was calm, and his slightly more introverted side could come out.

And finally, we had the two girls who had been hit hardest by the recent situation that Hogwarts faced, and they were not coping very well.

Ellie was your typical shy, emotional girl with some deep rooted mental issues. She couldn't cope with normal life, so her current situation was incredibly difficult.

She had grown up in a household where emotions were not dealt with, meaning the girl struggled with finding healthy ways to deal with things. The environment was also one of unhealthy relationships, meaning Ellie couldn't express her romantic feelings either.

This resulted in her becoming very isolated in the past few days.

Fred was getting worried, and he had made sure to visit her everyday, taking her a plate of her favourite food up to her dorm for dinner.

For the first few days, she would open the door for Fred, and he would bring the food to her bedside table, tucking her in and kissing her on the head before leaving.

However, she stopped answering the door, and the plates of food were no longer getting eaten.

On the third day of the full plates being left outside, full of the food they had been brought with, Fred decided to stop his knocking and just walk straight into the dorm.