CHAPTER TWENTY NINE ➳ GEORGE <3

AN: Hey guys! Your favourite author is now a sixth form/College graduate. I'm so sorry for this story basically being ditched. After kinda growing out of my second harry Potter phase and becoming a single author after writing within my friend for so long, it was hard and a real downer . However!! I'm back. I'm not promising anything, but this should hopefully be a continuing story once again. This chapter is pretty short, but its better than nothing. The more love this gets, the more motivation I'll have, so please comment!! Vote!! Like!!!! It makes me very happy.

Song recommendation- 'I Bet On Losing Dogs' by Mitski.

----

The screams had soon quieted, after the ringing of angry voices had been echoing down the corridors for what seemed like hours.

It seemed as if the only things the children at Hogwarts knew how to do anymore was argue and mourn, all magic and education being discarded. Nobody really knew how to carry on after the disaster they had faced, and with the return of the dark lord, learning pointless herbology seemed futile. Lessons would resume in a week, giving the children a little break before they resumed lessons like normal.

Although this was what Dumbledore deemed best, a little time away from the school for the children, most of the ones closest to Cedric couldn't bear to leave.

The friends were falling apart, the group was fraying and everyone was sick and tired of each other, and themselves. Fred and Saffron had never had big problems with each other until this year. Saffron has always liked Fred, despite the fact that the two friends were never that close, they almost admired each other from afar, while being part of the same group. They were mainly linked by friends, however, they had some good memories together...

This was not one of them.

The pair had been yelling for a while now, as the rest of the group sat and observed, cringing at what their friendship had come to. Ellie stood in the middle of them, embarrassment and insecurity scribbled on her features as she witnessed her friends argue, mainly over her, yet again. She hated being the cause of such controversy, but she didn't even mean to.

"You promised me you were going to help this mess, okay?! Why are we waiting? Can't we just go now?! "Saffron had walked away from the group swiftly, ending the screaming match that tore her apart from the inside out.

'We're going to help Saffron, we're going to get Card back. But don't for a second think it's for your benefit!'

"I never claimed it was, you pretentious fuck! Am I not allowed to miss him? I have to stand here and act brave when he's not beside me."

The ginger laughed coldly, staring her down like a hungry wolf. The two hot headed ones of the group were finally meeting their match, huh? Fred Weasley is not one to back down. "Just because he isn't here with you doesn't mean he can order us around like slaves. Get the fuck out of here before you scream at us one more time! Do you even want us to help?!"

Fred's words swirled around her brain, the brutality of them impaling her brain like a spear, sharp and swift. Her demanding cries were getting too much for the group, day and night of planning out this getaway, the constant mourning of Cedric and Saff's outbursts in public? It was all getting too much.

She had no idea where it came from, maybe the jealousy that she still had her love, while she was frozen and stuck with solitary. But that wasn't fair, Ellie's situation was less than desirable, even before this disaster. The younger headed out of the tower, the vast walls and wide halls feeling nothing short of suffocating, stealing the air inside of her lungs and she felt the brocks cave in, closing around her. The girl picked up her speed, marching towards the tree; their tree.