CHAPTER TWELVE ➳ FRED AND GEORGE

AN: mentions of abuse.

Song recommendation: 'July' by Sir Chloe (seriously she's amazing! Check her out<3)

----

It was safe to say that Saffron Granger had never felt worse about herself. These past few days have been some of her hardest, knowing that she was slowly becoming a person that she never intended on being. Back in first year, she was constantly confused by the fact she got placed in Slytherin. She believed there wasn't a bad bone in her body, that there was no way in hell that she could be seen as sneaky or cunning. . . it wasn't until her and Cedric's reveal to Cho, where she realised that those negative descriptions fit her quite perfectly. She was becoming someone she hated.

The young girl spent the past few days not doing much. Skipping lessons, barley eating, pretty much trapped within her own common room out of pure fear and embarrassment. The thought of facing Cho scared her more than anything, knowing how badly she messed up only made things even more terrifying. She had known the girl for five years, more if you're counting their previous friendship before Hogwarts. Cho was someone who Saff looked up to, the one who taught her basic spells and how to hold her wand properly. Knowing she betrayed her trust upset Saff more than she could describe.

Today was like any other day. The brunette was curled up by the fire alone, head resting on the arm rest of the sofa as her blue eyes drooped sadly. She was becoming sleepier by the day, her anxiety making her unable to rest. But the young girl had made a promise to herself, that today was the day that she was going to get out of bed, and face the deserving wrath of her best friend. The Slytherin had some sort of idea of what was about to go down, knowing that the Ravenclaw was going to tear her to shreds in front of her friends and disown her. She might as well take the heat now, then it was over and done with and she could finally break ties with Cedric.

No way could the two be together after this mess. Saffron wanted to show her loyalty and prove that a boy wouldn't get between her and her best friend, so decided that ending whatever weird fling they had would be the best idea she could come up with. She knew what she had to do, but deep down she didn't want to. She just wished there was a way for her to keep her friendship with Cho while maybe pursuing a relationship with the boy she liked. But sadly, that couldn't happen.

Saffron walked to the Great Hall alone. She had managed to drag herself out of bed eventually, but she was late for breakfast. She didn't have the energy to rush though, trailing her feet along the floor as she made her way to the hall. She had almost approached the door, not looking up from the ground, before she felt herself bump into someone who had just left the room. She looked up anxiously, making direct eye contact with the exact person she was dreading seeing, Cho. The girl had quickly eaten her breakfast with her friends, Cedric deciding to sit with his other friends today to avoid the awkwardness. The rest of the group witnessed the two bumping into each other, Fred and George noticing first, informing Rhianna and Ellie what they had just seen.

"Oh. . . Cho! H-Hey. . .sorry about that" She stuttered awkwardly, trying to study the girl's face. Her ex friend looked back, her eyes cold and jaw tensed. Cho Chang had the definition of a bitch face at this moment, not wanting to deal with the girl who screwed her over.

"Don't 'hey' me." She mumbled, eyes checking the girl up and down aggressively. "Where have you been the past few days? Having more fun with Cedric behind my back?"

Saff looked back in a shocked manner, her words cutting through her more than she thought. Even though she knew she deserved this treatment, Saff wasn't expecting her normally positive little friend to be so... cold. She didn't know how to respond, her mouth agape as Cho continued to glare at her, waiting for a reaction.