CHAPTER SEVEN ➳ ELLIE.

Song recommendation: Looking Out for You by Joy Again.

It was now Sunday, meaning nearly two days had passed since the drama the group encountered on Friday. It was obvious that tensions were rising, Fred's attempt at flirting with Angelina, and trying to forget about the blonde Hufflepuff who truly had his heart,  made things even more dreadful. The group seemed to be crumbling apart. It had been just over forty eight hours since the girls last caught a glimpse of Ellie, a pit forming in that of Saff's stomach. Rhianna was nervous as well, typically over protective of her younger friend, whilst Saff was just thinking of everything negative, more scared that her hiatus was due to the appearance of another death eater. She also wondered if the girl had suffered yet another fear induced panic attack. George missed his best friend, feeling resentment towards his stupid brother for making the poor girl sadder then she had already been recently. And Cho? Cho was trying to be positive, unable to stop muttering words of encouragement that their Hufflepuff friend wasn't far.

For what felt like the first time in decades, the once broken group now found themselves putting the pieces back together. First to arrive in the hall was Rhianna, a herbology book in one hand and a half eaten apple in the other. The constant stress of her friend's disappearance made studying even harder, the test waiting for her after lunch was enough to send poor Malfoy into overdrive. Cue her trying her best to study, not wanting people to get in the way.

Slowly but surely, the twins found their way to her. Of course her excitable nature was happy to be greeted by them, temporarily forgetting her anger towards the taller twin, but the young Gryffindor really had to study to get the grades her father expected. Both Fred and George didn't mind this though, them too not wanting to engage in conversation. The tension between the two had been pretty rough, George still incredibly disappointed in his brother with the act he pulled on Friday evening.

And finally last to arrive was Saffron, accompanied by Cho of course. Her Ravenclaw friend hadn't stopped chirping in positive messages, along with also trying to distract the Slytherin from the bad vibes around her. Saff in hindsight, should be grateful for her friend's good mental attitude towards the ongoing drama, but she's been extra stressed lately, especially since the small Hufflepuff had disappeared.

All of them felt protective over Ellie, the baby of the group. And after the trauma she and Ellie experienced together, Saff felt extra protective over the small girl. Most of the gang were unhappy with Fred, not believing what he'd done, as it was entirely out of his kind nature. Saff also had the stress of Cedric and the Yule Ball to worry about, making her stomach churn with anxiety at the mere thought.

Suddenly, the group spots Cedric walking from his table with his friends, out of the Great Hall. Rhianna shouts his name and beckons him over, the group all ready to ask him if he'd seen his fellow Hufflepuff at all.

"Hey Ced, have you seen Ellie? We haven't seen her since. . ." Rhianna stops momentarily to glare at Fred, as he puts his head down in shame "...Friday."

Cedric's face instantly drops, as he looks over at Fred with an annoyed glance. He had been the only one in the group to see Ellie since her heartbreak, and to say she wasn't taking it well was putting it lightly. However, Cedric was also the only one who knew about Ellie's plans for the day, and his heart went out to Fred.

"Oh yeah Rhi, I've been taking care of her. I'm sure she'll be fine eventually." Cedric sighs and everyone frowns when they hear that their little friend isn't doing so well.

"O-oh ok, do you know where she is, I wanna tal-" Rhianna says before Cedric is quick to stop her.

"Honestly Rhi, I'd just leave it." He says bluntly, not meaning to be rude. He just worries about how the group will react when they get the knowledge of where Ellie will be going this Sunday afternoon. Cedric says a quick goodbye before rushing out of the hall.