CHAPTER TWENTY➳ SAFFRON AND CEDRIC

Song Recommendation: 'Vegas Lights' By Panic At The Disco.

AN: please don't come for us mentioning things that were not around in the 1990s, this story is modern :)

"El, can I talk to you?"

Ellie and Bill had been chatting over by the drinks table Mrs Weasley had set up. Bill was being his usually flirty self, but Ellie wasn't really having it. She had her heart set on a different Weasley. However, she did enjoy the company of the oldest brother; she thought he was funny. But before they could continue their conversation, they heard Fred speak.

"Of course Bub," Ellie replies, grabbing his hand and saying goodbye to Bill.

Fred leads her outside, grabbing his father's car keys as they go.

"Fred what on earth are you doing," Ellie says, pure confusion evident in her tone as the boy unlocks his father's Ford Anglia, before opening the passenger door for her.

"We need privacy and dad said I can use the car for emergencies," he says before ushering Ellie in. He quickly jogs to the drivers side, hoping in. They both do their seat belts, before Fred starts the engine and they're off.

The drive is filled with slightly awkward silence, Ellie anxiously waiting for Fred to talk. When she realises he's not going to say anything, she sighs, before trying to enjoy the journey. She knew the boys had gotten in trouble for using the car before, but she'd never had the opportunity to go on a drive with them.

The blonde rolled her window fully down, letting the cool air fill the car. She shivered slightly, but the feeling was strangely refreshing. She decided to stick her head out of the window, looking down at the beautiful countryside, half hidden by the darkness of the night. The girl squealed as the wind whipped through her hair, truly enjoying the freeing sensation, letting all of her worries fly away with the wind. Fred looked over at her, smiling at her enjoyment, before he too rolled down his window, sticking one arm out of it, while the other carried on steering. The two kids felt completely transcendent, both of them screaming at the thrilling feeling, wishing it'd never end.

After about twenty minutes, Fred finally parks on the top of a rather large hill, before instantly getting out of the car. Ellie quickly follows, and they both sit down on the hood.

Ellie shivers, the cold of the night making contact with her skin yet again. Her cheeks were still rosy from the wind hitting her moments ago, however this new sensation wasn't nearly as pleasant. She hadn't been prepared for the boys spontaneous journey, so all she was wearing was a short slip dress and a pair of fishnet tights. Fred instantly notices, taking off his sweater for her, leaving him in a long sleeved button up.

"Thank you..." She mutters, before slipping the warm sweater over her head. "Why are we here?" Ellie says, truly confused, and a little worried.

"I- well-" Fred stutters out before pausing. Talking about his feelings and putting them into words was also difficult for the boy, as his love language was touch. However, he loved her so much he was willing to try his best. He sighs, knowing the conversation to come was not a fun one.

"Take your time Freddie, it's ok. You can talk to me about anything," The small girl encourages, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Well, I love you Ellie. I-I think you're perfect. I know you're hurting, and I'm hurting for you but I need to know what's happening between us..." Fred says, almost too quickly, while looking at the ground.

Talking about his feelings and putting them into words was also difficult for the boy, as his love language was touch. However, he loved her so much he was willing to try his best.