CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ➳ CEDRIC

Song recommendation: 'Atlas Hands' by Benjamin Francis Leftwich

----

To put it lightly, Ellie was done.

Done with school, with her friends, with everything.

She knew it was getting bad, so bad it was out of control. She needed an escape, some time to heal. She desperately missed home, she needed to see her mother and let her know everything that has been going on with her. The girl was extremely close to her mother, so she felt guilty keeping so many secrets from her.

So, here she was, walking to her common room, Lupin hot on her heels.

"Ellie. . . y—you need to tell me why you want to leave, so I can authorise it. . . Hey! squirt. . .s—slow down!" Lupin pants as he follows the girl past her common room and up the stairs.

"Remus, I need to get away from him, please." She begs, before whispering, "he won't stop," her voice breaking.

"O-ok love, I'll wait outside while you pack your bags" He replies, defeatedly. He knew what she was referring too, or at least, he knew the bare minimum. He'd seen the bruises, as well as her obvious decline, so he knew she needed a visit home.

The girl hurriedly packs up her trunk, looking sadly around her dorm. Usually, she found comfort in the space, but lately it was where she spent her sleepless nights, crying all alone.

She grabs the heavy suitcase, along with the various hoodies and sweaters Fred had leant her, dragging it out of the door, before the older man takes it for her. She smiles at him in thanks, before they head out the door, to Lupin's office, so he can apparate them to her home.

"Wait- I need to do something." She mumbles, dragging the man to the Gryffindor common room.

They leave her trunk outside, Ellie demanding that he goes in with her, fearing the reaction of her peers if she goes in alone. Before they enter, she passes Remus the various articles of Fred's clothes, asking him to return them to him, not baring to face the boy she loves... the boy who betrayed her trust.

He nods, but the confusion on his face suggests she won't hear the end of this.

The gang are all sat in their usual positions around the fire, with a small space saved for Ellie, just in case she changes her mind and returns to the group, although the chances were slim. They'd welcome her with open arms if she did; they missed their little ray of sunshine.

Much to their surprise, they see the small blonde enter the room. However, she's with the professor, and she doesn't approach the group. Instead, the pair split up. Ellie heads towards Neville and the golden trio, whereas Lupin heads to her usual friend group.

"Fred" Lupin mumbles a greeting, before chucking the clothes onto his lap. "Ellie wanted you to have these back" he grumbles, shaking his head at the boy.

"I- why?" He questions sadly. He always loved seeing his girl in his clothes, the large fit of them making her look extra cute.

Lupin shrugs with a glare, before nodding at the rest of the group.

"I'll wait for you outside sweetheart," he shouts over at the girl, who looks up from her place beside the younger students, before nodding.

"So, you're leaving?" Ron pouts.

"Ronald, be sensitive" Hemione scolds him. "We totally understand El," the girl says with a sympathetic smile.

"You'll be back soon, right?" Harry asks sweetly, concern for the smaller girl evident in her tone.