CHAPTER NINE➳ CEDRIC AND FRED.

Song recommendation- 'Complicated' by Avril Lavigne

Saffron snuck away from her group, nobody really paying attention to the girl as they were all distracted by each other. The Slytherin had been a nervous wreck for the past few days, the knowledge of Cedric's danger almost pushing her over the edge, especially with everything that'd been going on lately. The Death Eater encounter may or may not have scarred the young girls for the rest of her life.

Saff thought of the memory of the conversation she shared with Cedric, a small smile now forming on her face, before carrying on her journey to the champions tent. She wanted, no... needed to wish her boy goodluck. The brunette had no idea exactly what she wanted to say, but she knew if she never saw him again, she'd regret it.

The young girl snuck round the back of the tent, pulling the fabric to the side slightly while whispering Cedric's name. Cedric, noticing the rustling of the tent and the whispers, approaches before seeing Saff peaking through.

"Hey Saff, why're you here? Not that I'm not happy to see you, it's ju-" the Slytherin cuts the nervous boy off by charging at him, embracing the taller male rather aggressively, Cedric now stumbling back in shock. He never expected this from the hard-shelled girl, but was extremely grateful for the affection, especially in a time filled with so much worry.

"I'm scared, Ced. Please do well. . . I know you will." Saff mutters, her facial expression not really changing from its cold state. As much as she never admitted it out loud, she cared for everyone around her, more than her own self at this point.

"Saff. . . it'll be ok. I'm just a little apprehensive– I've never seen a dragon in real life, never mind fought one." He chuckles nervously, trying to calm her nerves.

"Well, the whole gang's here to support you. Rhianna is especially excited, you know what she's like." Saff met his gaze for a split second, features softening as she realised how soft she had become over the boy. In synch, the two laughed in a wholesome manner, before a silence fell upon them.

Suddenly, Cedric inches closer to Saffron, his heart thumping in his chest. The taller boy leaned in for another hug, slowly and softly embracing the shorter girl within his lanky arms. Saff could feel his heightened heartbeat, as it matches her own. When they pull apart, they find themselves lingering, faces just inches apart from each other.

Saff could feel Cedric's soft breath against her face, causing her cheeks to tint a deep shade of pink. The two stare deeply at one another, the Hufflepuff's gaze flickering between Saff's lips and her striking blue eyes, a moment of hesitation filling his brains before slowly but surely, he leans in to kiss her.

But before that sweet moment of victory could happen, there's a quick flash of a camera, scaring both students out of their skin. Cedric quickly pulls away, the two turning in sync to see Rita Skeeter and her sleazy camera man staring back at them with gleaming eyes. They just had themselves the hottest story of the century, something perfect for the front cover of tomorrow's newspaper.

The two didn't speak after they got caught, Saffron quickly dashing out without even looking at the boy, who went to go after her, before being swiftly called back by Dumbledore. Cedric curses, watching her go before hesitantly making his way to the rest of the champions, ready to begin his challenge. He wished the moment could've been sealed, the boy now hoping that Saff got the idea about his feelings for her.

Saff quickly made her way back to her friends at the stalls, trying to calm down from whatever the hell just happened. She found herself meeting none other than the Weasley's, the rest of their friend group sat down on the seats waiting for her.

"You alright there Saff? You look kinda flustered." George questions as the girl approaches, taking her seat at the end of the group.

"Yeah where'd you go? Swear you were sitting next to me like five minutes ago." Fred mumbles, looking around confused.