CHAPTER FIFTEEN ➳ CEDRIC

Song recommendations- 'It must be love' By Madness :)

Saff and Cedric looked at each other slightly awkwardly, as they had been left to shop together. The two didn't know what to do or say, the small rise of tension still there from their months of ongoing awkwardness. The love triangle-esque situation with Cho was only half of it, Saff's stubbornness and Cedric's dumbassery being the icing on the cake for the dreadful duo. It seemed as though as soon as they got to a good point, something ruined it.

Whether it was other people, or themselves.

"Looks like we've been ditched. . ." The boy commented, gaze flickering around them to take in their friends' disappearances. It was just the two of them now, the kids bundled up in their warm clothing as the snow slowly fell upon their ghostly skin. There wasn't much they could do now, it was time to make the most of their day.

"Some friends they are." Saff grumbled jokingly, shoving her hands in her pockets. She found herself walking forwards, the white coated streets now leaving a unique mark of her footprints.

"Is alone time with me is such a bad thing?" he teases, the look of offence plastered upon his face in an amused manner.

"Yes." She spoke harshly, but jokingly. This was her sense of humour after all, the bluntness added to it. "I have to deal with you fixing your hair and your constant smell of huckleberry cologne."

The taller one snorted at her digs, the boy finding it quite funny. He knew Saff was a hard exterior to crack, his job at the ball being much easier due to the fact she was slightly tipsy from the wine. But now? They were left to their own devices, meaning Cedric became a target for Saff's one off comments.

"That's not what you said last night." And with that, the boy smirks, watching Saff stop dead in her tracks as he began walking in front of her. The Slytherin's cheeks turned red, her head snapping back to him.

"HEY! Where do you think you're going?!" She huffed, stomping on behind him. Before they knew it, the roles were reversed– Saff becoming a lot less cool and collective than before. Curse this boy and his ways. . .

----

After about an hour of shopping, the pair come across Rhianna and Ellie, each with multiple large shopping bags in their hands. They'd clearly got a bit carried away with presents, which was sweet. Cedric, being the classic gentleman, immediately ran over to the girls, taking a couple of the bags off of each of them, before they thanked him.

"Have you seen the twins? We've been looking for everyone for a while but we've only come across you so far." Rhianna questioned, looking eagerly at the pair as they shake their heads.

"We haven't checked the joke shop yet, I bet they're there." Ellie said, as Saff instantly agreed.

"Really Rhi? You're looking for the twins and you didn't check the joke stop. Are you dumb?" Saff jokes, making Rhi chuckle.

The four head to the joke shop, Rhianna and Saff walk ahead as Ellie lags behind, wanting to talk to Cedric.

"Soooo" she says as she nudges Cedric, before wiggling her eyebrows up and down in a suggestive way, making Cedric chuckle, despite his confusion.

"What is it, dumbass?" Cedric asks, making Ellie sigh at his cluelessness.

"How was it spending some alone time with Saffy?" the girl giggles, loving the way Cedric's face heats up at the mention of his name. She thought it was adorable.

"It was good, yeah just chill, y'know. . ." Cedric replied, trying to be casual. The small girl beside him burst out into laughter at her friend's awkwardness.