|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31|

|31|

tw: whipping, mild violence

Judar stared at the basket of peaches with a disgusted look on his face. It looked as if some of them had been crushed and others had rolled away. He was careful not to step on any broken glass that covered the ground, taking notice of how someone had been less observant and their blood dripped off the clear shard. However, he had no concerns about that. He focused more on the drops of blood next to a dart of some kind. He bent down to pick up the dart, examining it.

"What was this for exactly?"

He turned around to face the man he had come across earlier. The magi had found him with his face slammed into the ground, a broken nose that had blood pooling out of it. Now, he was much worse with ice shards keeping him pinned to a nearby wall. It's not like Judar cared though, he was already angry enough. The man spat out more blood, clearly needing medical attention.

"It's... a tranquilizer." The magi lifted an eyebrow, his eyes narrowing even more. All though he wasn't the smartest, he could easily piece this much together. Throwing the dart to the side and disregarding the fruit, he walked closer to the man. Feeling himself being cornered, the man began to shake as he tried to plead for his life.

"I didn't know they would take her I swear! He just wanted some-" He was cut off by Judar's obnoxious laughter, however, there was no humor behind it. It was cold, menacing, and it was easy to tell that this man's life was in his hands.

"So you did see my little toy." In a flash, the magi had pointed the red wand against the man's neck. The red gem began to dig into the skin causing the man to gulp in fear. He probably shouldn't have said what he did, red eyes piercing into him as if they were meant to burn a hole right through his head. Why did you of all people have to intervene?

"Now you're gonna tell me exactly where she is."

The man began to sweat nervously, his eyes widening as the gem dug deeper into his neck. He needed to say something as small beads of blood had already begun to peek through the skin of his neck. Wailing and begging for his life, Judar did not care one bit as he continued to push the wand.

"Stop begging for your miserable life and tell me where she is!" The man quickly quieted down, but he still shook in fear. The angry dark magi of the Kou Empire truly was a fearsome sight. Shutting his eyes tightly, he let out everything he knew out.

"I-I don't know where exactly but they're taking her to a coliseum! But like I said, I don't know which one! I don't know his name but the man who took her is a well-known Serpantine slave trader." There was an eerie silence for a moment before he finally decided to open his eyes. The magi was no longer right in front of him, instead, he was now walking towards the end of the alleyway, preparing to leave. Panicking since he was still attached to the wall, he screamed out to the magi.

"Hey, I told you everything I know! Let me go!" He began to frantically move around, trying to find some way to get loose. Pausing in his step, Judar glanced disinterestedly at him before continuing on his way. The man continued to panic, thrashing against the wall.

"Hey! You can't leave me here!" However, it was too late, the magi had already left the alley, abandoning him. Having used up all his energy, the man let out a sigh before relaxing. It was just ice meaning it would melt eventually. Closing his eyes to relax again, he opened them in confusion upon a shadow darkening the alley. Glancing up, he stared in terror at the large ice shard pointing directly at him.