|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14|

|14|

The next day was quick to arrive. After explaining to Erina where you were going, not telling her why because even you didn't know, she helped pack a small bag for you. Neither of you knew how long you were staying so she kept it small and simple for the most part. You all wear the same clothes every day so did it matter?

Early for you and early for Judar were two very different things. You already woke up significantly earlier than him, so for you, early would be a few hours past midnight. Now for someone like Judar, someone who you had to wake up so he didn't oversleep, early was maybe an hour before sunrise. You weren't sure what exact time to expect but you highly doubted Judar was going to wake up any more than two hours before sunrise. So you woke up at your normal time and then went to the only other person who you knew was going.

"What time are we supposed to leave?" You watched as the princess, half asleep, tried to brush her hair. This was considerably early for her too so it was only natural she seemed like this. Even in her dazed state she was shocked you were fine with being up so early. Most normal people would complain. With a small yawn, she stretched her arms out and tried brushing again. Instead, she was brushing the air. With a sigh, you walked over and began to brush her hair for you.

"I think in about an hour. Depends on what time Moody wakes up. He might want to go on his own anyway." You already knew who she was referring to when she said, Moody. It wasn't that hard to guess. Knowing him, you'll probably end up having to wake him. You continued to brush out Kougyoku's hair, trying to make her look as presentable with it as she could.

"I don't know why Ka Koubun made me get up so early, there was really no point." She continued to whine and complain to you about her assistant. You didn't say anything out of respect for the man and because he was a superior, but you did hum occasionally to show you were listening. Her rant continued on but it did well to wake her up out of her sleepy state. She gave her eyes one last rub before jumping up from her chair.

"And I'm awake! Thanks for listening (Y/n)." Almost as soon as she finished that sentence there was a knock on the door. However, before either of you could answer, Ka Koubun rushed in. When he saw how close you and Kougyoku were his face immediately turned to one of horror. He ran over to the princess and placed his hands as if he were praying. Then he began practically shouting.

"Princess please tell me you and this maid weren't doing indecent acts while I wasn't here." You were completely and utterly shocked. There were a lot of things to think about when he walked in, however, you did not think that would be one of them. Kougyoku was turning a bright red, furiously shaking her head. She slightly backed away from her assistant, putting her hands up and crossing them in a 'no' manner. You could only stare ahead in pure shock. Then another realization hit you. 'I'm not a maid.'

"No, it's not like that. This is my good friend (Y/n). She's Judar's assistant and she's coming with us." You weren't an assistant either but you weren't about to correct the princess. You knew she said what she said for a reason. Ka Koubun looked you up and down, obviously judging your appearance. You looked decent enough and frankly, you didn't care what this man thought of you. After examining your appearance, he gave you a slight glare. You only stared back at him with a blank face. Then he obviously got some idea because a mischievous smirk took over his features as he turned to you.

"Oh is that so? Well (Y/n) we are supposed to leave soon. Could you go and wake the High Priest up?" It was less of a question and more of a demand. You knew this man was just trying to get rid of you, but you didn't think too much of it. From what you heard he was quite odd. Instead of responding directly to him, you turned towards Kougyoku.