|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30|

|30|

"Are you so sure about this?"

The queen hummed, turning to her advisor. She was met with a concerned gaze from the purple-haired woman. However, (M/n) simply brushed it off, not finding the need to be worried about anything. She turned to your teacher, an expert fighter who was training you until she and your father would take over. He simply nodded his head alongside her.

"(Y/n) has already proved herself to be a formidable fighter, a natural prodigy. She lacks technique which could cause some difficulty but she is much stronger than one would expect. As long as she follows her instincts she will be fine." The queen hummed in content, you were her daughter, meaning you would be fine. Even if you were only a child.

"Still, I can't help but think that we should be slightly worried. We have not seen prince Kouen fight in person and we do not know what he could be capable of." Your mother's advisor was not Serpantine, in fact, she was a magician from Parthevia. A very powerful one at that. She couldn't speak on Serpantine strength and power from personal experience, but she's seen it many times. The entire decision was still slightly concerning.

"Kouen has agreed to the terms I've set. He is allowed to choose a sword provided from our selection. He is aware of my daughter's superior physical strength and knows that she can use this to her advantage. I've informed him that this is a friendly battle, however, I have no quarrels with him getting a few cuts in." They paused as they looked down at a clearing. You were playing with another guard, jumping over them. The queen smiled, pleased upon seeing her daughter happy.

"Besides, she has my blood. There should be no concerns."

Harsh movements and the sound of cattle is what finally woke you up. The feeling of bright light on your eyes is what finally urged you to open them only for you to shut them tightly once again. You groaned in your spot, squirming slightly only to feel splinters trying to pierce your skin. You stopped moving before opening your eyes once again, adjusting this time.

Still laying on your side, you glanced around. You were moving, that much was clear with the constant motion due to whatever you were on. Which you could only guess was a cage. You shifted your weight, trying to sit up, but the sound of metal clinking made you freeze. Slowly looking down at your hands, your stomach dropped upon seeing the chains securing them together. Glancing down even further you noticed they were also secured around your ankles.

Growling lowly, you used the rest of your strength to push yourself up, your back falling against the bars of the cage you were in. The force rattled the bars but they were nowhere near breaking. Glancing around you realized that you were in a wooden cage and you were going through a desert. Leaning against the bars, you took notice of all the other wagons and cages. You could see people in the other wagons chained together and you could only guess they were also slaves.

You narrowed your eyes, observing the men on horses who rode along with you all. 'Why did they put me in a cage alone? Do they think I'm going to attack other prisoners?' You pushed yourself off the bars, finally gaining some strength, and adjusted your position. Your movement caused the wood to creak which gained some attention. You heard a 'huh' from the side of the cage and you turned to look at the source of the noise. The horse stopped trotting and the man atop shouted out to someone toward the front.

"She's awake!"

The cage you were in slowly came to a stop along with all the other ones. People started to get off their horses and rush around. You heard hushed chatter as people abandoned their spots and ran to the front. Confused with the sudden rush, you crawled to the bars of the cage and tried to peer as far as you could see. You couldn't see much considering your restrictions.