|ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ|

You didn't understand anything that was taking place inside the Kou Palace. One day it was all calm, as usual, everyone going about their business naturally, then the next maids scrambled around the palace, starting to decorate the area. Everywhere you walked, there was someone adding decor to the palace. 'How much more can you add to this place?' But when you left the palace, you realized that it wasn't just the royal family doing these actions. All around town people were decorating their homes, looking as festive as ever. In the middle of the empire, they had even placed a very tall tree, one that towered over you and would have required thirty men for it to be lifted (about twelve Serpantine). Then you saw an even bigger tree placed in the garden and got even more confused.

Your first thought was that it was the birthday of a member of the royal family. However, you brushed that aside because you didn't think this many people in the empire would celebrate something like that. 'But this is the Kou Empire. You never know with these people.' Then you assumed that some sort of ceremony was approaching, but you quickly disposed of that option when you saw that all of the Ren children continued on with their daily lives as usual, obviously not preparing for anything. Finally, you gave up with your little guessing game and simply decided to ask Kougyoku about the matter.

"Kougyoku?" The girl hummed, indicating she had heard you as she continued to braid part of pieces of your hair. "What are all the decorations for? Is there an event approaching that I should know about?" At your question, the princesses hands stopped working on your hair and she completely froze. You stared at her through the mirror, and she only blinked in confusion, obviously not believing that you didn't know what was happening. She stayed staring into space for a good minute, probably not understanding that you had no clue what was happening. In order to get her back to reality, you snapped a finger in front of her face and she quickly jumped, obviously startled.

"Wait (Y/n), are you telling me that you've never heard of Christmas?" You've heard of that word before, you know it. You searched hard in your memories, but it brought a blank. You had never celebrated Christmas as a child, slave or princess. That's when it hit you. Isidra had told you when you both were younger that her family had celebrated a holiday with the name Christmas before she was taken as a slave. However, you really had no clue what it was about or anything so you slowly shook your head. She picked up a brush and began to brush the top part of your hair up.

"Well, Christmas is a holiday and it's celebrated almost all over the world! It's really popular! And it's called the season of giving because for Christmas you get all of your friends and family presents and on Christmas eve you all sit together and spend time together. The on Christmas morning you all wake up early and open your presents, then you eat together as a family and," You quickly realized that the princess had started rambling and that it would be best to stop her now before it was impossible.

"Kougyoku, breathe!" She stopped talking for a second a took a deep breath, obviously out of oxygen. You looked at her through the mirror and smiled.

"Now tell all about this Christmas."

You don't think you've ever seen Kougyoku that happy. She practically sparkled as she spoke about the holiday. It was as if she knew everything off the back of her hand because she was multitasking incredibly well, almost as if she had done your hair a million times. That was far from true. Kougyoku was able to explain all of the traditions and customs of Christmas by the time she finally pulled the top part of your hair into a beautiful bun made of the braids she did. She placed a hair clip over it as decoration and a way to hold it in place. You raised from your seat and turned to smile at the gleeful princess.