|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29|

|29|

You sighed, planting your feet on the ground and you watched yet another pillar fall to the ground. Kouen had been nice enough to ask the guards to set up an area for you to train. You didn't know if it was for you exactly or for them to observe you like some sort of lab rat. Whenever you were here there was always someone watching, it was starting to get slightly annoying. You glanced around you, several stone-like pillars laying around with a few left.

"This is repetitive..." You mumbled the words to yourself as you threw your hand back before striking it. It broke into the rock-like material with and when you pulled it back out there was a ragged hole with cracks rooting from it. You sighed once again, turning to look at the one remaining pillar. This was the fifth set that had been brought in the last two months and you were sure it would not be the last.

You bent your legs, preparing yourself to jump. With a snap of your legs, you burst into the air, the wind biting at your skin. With a quick spin, you went back towards the ground, your foot tearing through the middle of the pillar. You hit the ground and the two halves fell beside you. You wiped your hands on your skirt and glanced around. Another mess for the guards to clean up.

"This is getting tiring."

"Maybe you should do something else."  You turned around to see the magi floating down from the sky. He had his arms crossed with a smirk on his face. You faced him completely and watched as his feet touched the ground and he began to walk towards you. He glanced around at the destruction you caused, smiling in genuine interest. He reached into his top, pulling out the wand you had grown oh so used to.

"You know, the guards are always complaining about the extra workload you create." Your lips tightened in response to his words. Glancing around, you began to feel a wave of guilt come over you. You weren't trying to be a nuisance to anyone, even if they weren't so highly regarded by the royal family. Judar noticed how your eyes flickered down and moved to stand beside you, resting his hand on your shoulder. He grinned, leaning down to speak right into your ear.

"But they're lucky I didn't kill them for complaining, that's not their job." You frowned even more. No matter how long you have known the priest, you would just never be able to come to terms with the fact that he got off on murdering people. A true war fanatic. He noticed the frown on your face and his grin immediately fell. Maybe that wasn't the best way to try and cheer you up. He should probably just do what he came here for originally.

"Let me guess, you're all sad because the shorty left." You sighed, already preparing yourself for the teasing that was to come. Kouha had left about a month and a half ago, and you now had one less person to talk to. However, that wasn't the reason you seemed less lively. To be fair though, you were never the most energetic person. It was more so the lack of interaction in general, Judar always seemed busy and you had no idea where Kougyoku was.

Was it wrong for you to slightly crave attention? You felt needy even though Judar demanded attention almost all the time. He'd probably enjoy it with his constant wish to have his hands all over you. It still felt weird.

"Or maybe... it's because you wanna spend time with me." You could hear the smirk in his voice and you began to walk away. You absolutely refused to give him that satisfaction of knowing that he was partially correct. He laughed at your retreating form, floating behind you.

"You don't have to pretend that's not why, I am quite enjoyable to be around."

'Yeah for a war criminal.'