|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 46|

|46|

You never remembered the palace being so large. But the last time you were here you were a child and had probably never seen it from such a high view. Yet, you still couldn't help but be amazed. The style was unique, something between a mix of Balbadd and Sindria, with another architecture style in there as well. Serpantina was unique in that sense, but you could still see why Sindria gave you vague feelings of home. Must be a common style in warm countries.

"What the fuck? This palace is almost as big as Kou's." You couldn't read minds, so you had no idea what kind of expectations Judar had for the place. They were probably high, but nothing too extreme. The country had technically been "abandoned" for almost a decade, even though there were still people living here. Though, the lack of leadership did make it more like a random town rather than the famous empire it use to be.

"I wouldn't say that. The Kou Palace is huge." Your palace was impressive, but you don't think anything could compare to the gargantuan size of the Kou Palace. Still, it was impossible to say it wasn't bigger than expected.

From up here, you could see the gardens on the other side of the walls, a pathway going from the gate to the front doors of the palace. It seemed to have a complex structure similar to Kou's but it was oddly symmetrical. That was strange for a building this size. You tried to make out any structures or parts that you remembered but it was hard to do so from so high up. You could make out the large garden in the center of the palace, remembering it as your training grounds.

"Alright, let me see what's up with this shield." You were slightly confused as to what he meant but didn't say anything as he stood up. He peered over the edge for a second but your eyes went wide when he suddenly jumped down. However, you were quick to remember that he had a magic that allowed him to float in the air. Moving towards the edge of the turban, you peered over to see what he was doing.

Judar had floated a bit down, not too far from where you were. His head was in the direction of the palace but it was like he was looking at something else, something closer. Your head tilted as you watched him pull his wand out, still staring at whatever was in front of him. You could hear him say one of his spells, some phrases you had memorized what they did. The sizzling and crackling of lightning sounded as electricity surrounded his wand. You had to shield your eyes due to the mere size of it, afraid it would burn your face. Suddenly, the ball of energy was sent flying down in the direction of the palace.

"Why did you—" You were about to curse him out but stopped at the loud crackling that met sounded. You had to cover your ears due to how loud it was, and how much better you could hear it compared to him. However, you were shocked to see that the electricity had not made the connection to the palace as you expected, but was fighting against some sort of dome. The battle went on for a few more moments before there was a boom and the energy blowing the wind in all directions.

Your hair blew back and you used one of your arms to cover your face. When the wind had finally stopped, you lowered your arm, staring at the smoke in front of you. When it finally cleared you noticed Judar still floating there. There was a moment where he was still before he slowly began to descend. However, he didn't get very far and was soon stopped by the dome, translucent purple waves appearing where his feet touched. He turned back towards you with a displeased look on his face, floating back to the carpet.

"That thing is a lot stronger than it should be for its old age. Whoever placed the spell knew what the hell they were doing." He was clearly agitated, grumbling under his breath as he sat beside you. He put his wand away before crossing his arms over his chest. Well, that was one of his plans down the drain.