|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45|

|45|

You felt as if your mind was in a hundred different places a minute. When you had woken up in the morning you immediately remembered the task that you were to set out on today, and a rippling wave of anxiety took hold of your body once again. And it only made it worse that Judar had shown he was in no hurry to leave. So you had to sit beside him like everything was fine despite almost feeling as if you needed to throw up every few minutes.

You managed to stay collected despite the growing number of concerns you held. It wasn't too early in the morning so workers were scattered throughout the palace by now. You hadn't heard any extreme commotion of a missing maid so if Erina did choose to follow your instructions she seemed to make it out. Unless she didn't listen to you and was continuing to work like normal. You didn't have the availability to check right now so you could only wait to receive your answer.

"I can't believe that hag tried to make me do something today. As if!" Judar had thrown himself across his bed with his head tucked into your lap. He was currently irritated because the Empress had asked him to complete a task for him when he already had plans. Though, he would probably still be just as annoyed if he had nothing to do the entire day simply for the fact that he despised the woman.

You silently listened to him complain. Having no words to say, you decided it would be best to just let him get everything out until he finally decided to leave. You didn't want to mention anything now that he was ranting, he would most likely only get more annoyed and just stay in his room the rest of the day. Although you desperately wanted to ask him if he still had intentions of leaving today you only sighed and nodded your head along with him. Occasionally mumbling small agreements to possibly help him calm down.

While Judar appreciated the fact that you weren't opposing him, he could also tell you were just talking. He frowned against your skin before lifting himself so he was sitting up. You followed his movements as he did so, watching as he lifted his hands to grab your shoulders. Suddenly, the magi began to shake you around, forcing your body to violently rock.

"Pay attention to what I'm telling you!" Easily overpowering him, you stilled your body so he couldn't shake you anymore. Your hands flew to your head while you rubbed your eyes. Judar released his hold on you but crossed his arms to show that he was not pleased.

"I'm sorry, my mind is just a mess." He huffed at your statement, slouching back into his seat. Nervously opening your arms, you watched as he eyed you skeptically before finally finding his place back against you. It didn't take long for him to get comfortable despite your occasional fidgeting and small movements. There was silent tranquility for a moment, one you weren't necessarily opposed to. That was until Judar had to ruin it.

"Ugh fine, let's go." He quickly got up from the bed while groaning obnoxiously. You were startled by his sudden demand, confused as to what made him change his mind all of a sudden. You followed after him to the middle of the room, watching as he tucked his wand into his top and flipped his long hair over his shoulder, quite sassily. Before you could even ask him why he decided to leave now, he answered.

"I'm tired of hearing your anxious rukh all around me. I wanted to leave later when it wouldn't be so hot but I'm sure that hag will try to bother me if I stay longer." You watched as his eyes trailed over you, seeming to look at something you couldn't. 'Most likely the rukh he was talking about.' He let out a dramatic sigh as if having to get up for once was the most tiring thing for him.