|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26|

|26|

*teeny weenie bit of mature (it's really nothing)*

Judar carried you the rest of the way over the ocean. You were surprised he was able to hold you so long with magic but he was a magi so you didn't think you should've been so astonished. The trip went way faster than when you traveled by boat and that same day you saw land in the distance. The docks were getting nearer and you could see the ships stationed at them. They were definitely Kou Empire ships but when you looked further inland you realized you were not in Kou.

"Why are we in Balbadd?" You look at Judar whose eyes were closed. He had been like that for the last quarter of the trip, looking as if he was asleep. But you could tell he wasn't, you're sure you'd be in the water by now if he was.

"The brothers are here. I'm supposed to meet with Kouen." He opened his eyes and you could tell how bothersome he thought the idea was. He had a frown on his face and you saw him roll his eyes. He flew over the docks and city. The place was almost unsettling now. Kou's influence was starting to make itself very clear, they had begun rebuilding houses and the people seemed to be dressed the same. It was almost as if they were trying to turn Balbadd into Kou. It gave you a bad feeling.

"Ah, here we are." You hadn't paid attention hard enough to realize you were now above a gigantic structure. It took you a minute to determine that you were at some army base with the number of guards there were. It was a shock that they could build the thing in the amount of time they had occupied Balbadd. They probably worked every day. 

The sun was just beginning to set but an orange glowed stayed illuminating the courtyards. Judar began to float towards the ground before he finally planted his feet on the concrete. You quickly unwrapped your legs from around his waist and retracted the arms wrapped around his neck. Looking around, there were rows of guards on either side of the walkway, leading up to the front. They almost appeared threatening.

You didn't think Judar would be all handsy with you now that you were surrounded by people. It didn't matter though, they already saw you holding onto him. However, you were caught slightly off guard when he grabbed your hip and pulled you back to his side. You could feel his fingers tapping against you but you couldn't say anything about it when he started walking forward.

"The priest has arrived!" You had neared the entrance to the grand building when a guard announced Judar's arrival. People were most likely waiting for him if they had to announce his arrival. You could hear footsteps approaching and looked around Judar to see who it was. It was a scent that you recognized and once you saw the bright pink hair you immediately knew you it was.

"Ahh... You are late, Judar..." Kouha approached from Judar's other side. It didn't seem like he noticed you yet which was reasonable since Judar was obscuring you from view. He had his large sword on his back and you were surprised he was strong enough to carry the thing. Kouha hooked his arm around Judar, who was visibly uncomfortable.

"Hey, isn't this country really sultry? I'm really sweating here..." Judar removed his hand from your hip so he could try and push the prince off of him.

"In that case, get away from me... You're the one making me feel sultry." The two began to move around. Judar was trying to push Kouha away while the other was trying to get even closer. Their actions caused you to take a step back so you wouldn't get caught in whatever they were doing. This caused Kouha to finally recognize your presence as he let go of Judar.