|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1|

You are strong. And because of that, others will try to cut you down. They'll do everything they can to make you weak, to make you suffer. And they may succeed at first. But do not let them believe they've won. For it is only when you give up when you have truly lost.

|1|

"No princess. Like this." You watched your instructor do the move once more, trying to understand what he was doing differently. You nodded your head determinedly and set your stance up. You then tried to mimic his actions, however, you ended up landing on your face. You could hear your teacher laughing as you sat upright, spitting grass out of your mouth.

"This is stupid! I don't need to know how to use a sword." You threw the wooden thing away from you and crossed your arms. Noticing your change in attitude, your instructor's laughter ceased. The man sighed and rubbed his temple. When you wanted to be, you could be a real brat.

"Don't say that word. And you should know how to use every weapon." You glanced up at the tall man. He was looking down at you with that same look on his face. You turned your head away to focus on something else, not liking the feeling he was giving you. This man was supposedly in the military, but your parents specifically asked him to train you in combat. You didn't understand why they couldn't do it themselves considering they were said to be the strongest warriors in the nation. Whenever you asked your instructor all he said was 'they have royal business'.

"Up princess, up! You're not done yet. And go get your sword!" You grumbled slightly before standing up, dragging your feet as you walked towards the wooden stick. 'This isn't a sword.' You walked back over and stood in front of the man with your head down. He frowned at your new aura and bent down slightly.

"What's wrong kiddo?"

You didn't immediately answer him and he began to think you were gonna be in one of your moods again. He would have to deal with it for the rest of today's training and that was never fun. He gave a slight sigh and was about to stand back up when he heard you mumble something. His sharp Serpantine hearing had caught exactly what you said, but he wanted you to repeat it. This was a rare occasion after all.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't quite hear you. What did you say?" You knew full well he had heard you and just wanted you to repeat yourself. You glared slightly at his shins as you contemplated repeating yourself or not. However, you decided to swallow your pride and repeat yourself.

"I need help."

You sounded so dead inside but your instructor couldn't care less. He had actually got you to admit you needed assistance. This was such a rare occasion he didn't care about anything else. He immediately stood up proudly and moved beside you, crouching down a little. You felt him move your feet into the correct positions, and then he angled your arms correctly. He stepped back away once he was done with his corrections. You gave him a quizzical look and he nodded back at you. Looking forward again, you took a deep sigh and began the move he taught you. Your footwork was a little clumsy, and there were obvious areas that needed cleaning, but you had done it. Realizing that you had done it, you turned towards your instructor and jumped up and down.

"Did you see that? I did it! I'm so cool!" The man laughed and walked over, ruffling your unruly curls. Your wide eyes practically sparkled because of your accomplishment and your instructor smiled back at you.

"Great! Now do it again."

You had done it over and over, each time getting better than the last. You were feeling extremely proud of yourself and your progress. The move felt almost like second nature now. You did it once more, counting it as the one-hundred and third time. Before your instructor could say 'again,' you quickly interrupted him.