|ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44|

|44|

You were beginning to feel more nauseous as the days passed. The feeling alone was making you nervous and had started to overtake your life. You didn't know why but you assumed it had to do with being intimate with Judar again and freaked out thinking you were pregnant. However, he repeatedly told you that he would know if you were pregnant by now and he had ways of avoiding that. 

"If you were carrying my child I'm sure I and Gyokuen would know by now. Which would mean the entire palace would know. So you're probably just sick." You would have believed that if it weren't for the fact that you had never gotten sick in your entire life.

So your nausea could only be attributed to the increasing anxiety you had felt the last few days. Your entire life you had told yourself you would finally get back to your homeland but now that the time was approaching you were beyond terrified. Perhaps it was due to finally having to see the country you were forced to abandon for years again. Or maybe it was just the fear of possibly trying to imagine what the Kou Empire could want from your people now.

No, you knew the true reason. This was your one chance to get back into the castle and that meant revealing your secret. You had refused to tell Judar despite the many chances you had and you were sure that would bite you in the butt. You could still tell him and pray that he wouldn't make you deal with his wrath, but it's as if you had already made your mind up on the manner.

You would simply have to get in without him realizing, however difficult that may be.

Currently sprawled out on your bed, you stared blankly at your ceiling. Usually, you would find other ways to entertain yourself when you were this bored but you couldn't find the motivation to do so this time. Judar was out doing who knows with Hakuryuu and the Ren siblings were already on their way back to Balbadd. The cook had offered to make you a snack earlier but you denied his request. He had other tasks he had to do, you didn't want to take up his time.

Your eyes traced over the patterned wood for the umpteenth time. The carvings were becoming more difficult to see as the sun began to set, an orange hue filling the room. You had yet to get any source of light, so unmotivated to do anything. Your stomach was practically doing flips right now, your nerves running wild. It was probably best to have a meal but you really didn't want to get up. It wasn't like you to be like this.

A knock sounded at the door, your eyes flitting towards the wood before back up to your ceiling. You were tempted to just ignore the person but you knew you should at least give some sort of response.

"Who is it?" Your voice was a lot softer, the usual strength accompanying it gone. It was strange to hear. It was not as if you yelled at others but you always sounded so confident when you spoke.

"It's Erina." You turned your head towards the door this time. There were small footsteps, almost as if she was shifting her standing. You decided it would be best to let her in, you didn't like having her stand out there for long periods of time.

"Come in." She was quick to enter your room. You watched as she opened your door with one hand, the other holding a tray with some food on it. She managed to close your door with her foot and she then looked over at you. You were still laying on your back and just staring at her, something that was slightly odd. Most of the time you at least tried to put yourself a bit together when someone would come into your room. It was obvious something wasn't right with you.