Chapter 61

***This is a triple update! Please don't read this unless you've read Chapter 60 as well. Love you all lots.***

———
Time - Angelo De Augustine
Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
Baby Blue - Rence
———

Chapter 61

HARRY'S P.O.V. :

Okay, I'd had enough.

Ty and Luke were my best friends. Good to work with, great to be around, fun to party with and I didn't know if it was because of me now being head over fucking heels in love and shit, but I couldn't be with them for more than an hour anymore without wanting to duck away and be with May.

My body ached from where I'd been hit and pushed around. I nearly winced as I brought my drink to my mouth, wishing I'd hit the two of them back harder.

"This is it," I ground out, setting my glass down on the table that the three of us were currently occupying. "Last drink. I'm going to find my girlfriend, you fuckers."

Luke threw his head back with a groan. "You're leaving us already? Bring her here! Let's all hang together!"

I raised a brow, flexing my fingers on the edge of the table, feeling the alcohol warm me. "So that she can listen to you drone on for three-quarters of an hour about your blow addiction and lack of female companionship? On her behalf, I'll pass."

Ty snorted, polishing off the last of his drink as well. I'd lost count of how many he'd had.

"We have other things in common," Ty said with a shrug, grinning at me. "I mean, for one, we work together now. For real, this time. I'm sure her and I would get along great talking about how big of a pain in our ass our boss is–"

"Don't." I growled, shaking my head. "If you see her, don't talk about work."

The two men before me exchanged a glance. Luke cleared his throat, "Why not?"

I ran a hand over my face, groaning softly. "I just... I fucked up in buying Oracle. It's part of the reason why we got into such a huge fight–"

"When you totally fucking flaked for a week and wouldn't even show up to work?" Ty snorted. I shot him a glance, to which he winced and threw his hands up in mock defence. "Sorry. Not a joking matter. Continue."

"She just..." I shook my head as I continued, unsure exactly how much I was willing to share and knowing for a fact that the alcohol was causing the words to leave my mouth of their accord. "She's already upset that she had to lie to get her job because of what we did when we crashed her interview and I think now she's weirded out that she's going to be working with me when that's what she was trying to avoid in the first place."

"For you." Ty said and I glanced over at him, confused. "She's working for you."

Luke let out a small noise of disgust before punching him straight in the side, sending Ty staggering back a few feet. "Fuck off, dude. Really? You think that's the best thing to say? I may have a coke addiction but at least I fucking think before I speak."

"Whatever," I muttered, running both my hands over my face. "Yeah. For me. Exactly. It's weirding her the hell out, which I get. So just don't fucking say anything, okay? This is her night. She's supposed to have fun, not be reminded of all the shit I did."

"I mean..." Luke shrugged. "You did it for love though, right? Don't girls eat that shit up? How can she be upset if you did it for love?"

"That's sexist, idiot." Ty mumbled, narrowing his eyes.