Chapter 16

Warning:

This chapter contains talks of Eating Disorders! If you feel that you will be triggered by this content or will not be able to handle it, please proceed with caution. <3

I have added a summary of the chapter at the end if you'd like to skip it!

Take care of yourself.

****

Chapter 16

I couldn't tell you how I ended up back in Harry's car after storming out of the lecture. The whole reason I had left was because he was being extremely immature and pissing me off, yet here I was once again in his passenger seat.

He had laughed the whole thing off and I had tried to walk away from him, back to my apartment for some peace and quiet, but he had managed to herd me like a sheep. I seriously had no idea how he always had a way of getting me to do what he wanted. One look at his stupid, forlorn expression and I was putty in his hands.

Unfortunately, that putty was currently piping hot with rage and it was his own fault if he got burnt.

"Where did you want to go?" Harry asked from beside me.

"Don't care," I grumbled.

Yes, 'Moody May', according to Harry, was back and in full swing, but it was rightfully earned. He had brought Moody May upon himself with how he had acted.

"You don't care where we go to eat?"

I didn't answer him and instead just stared out the window at the passing traffic. He had pulled out of the parking lot before we had even discussed where we were headed, leaving us to drive aimlessly around. I had a feeling though that Harry didn't care much.

He sighed. "Look, Killer, I was just messing around."

"It's my education, Harry." I snapped. "Not yours. Mess around – fuck around with your own job. I don't give a shit. But stay out of mine."

"I'm sorry, May." Harry said softly. His tone sounded genuine, but I still didn't look over to meet his eye. I could see in my peripheral vision that he kept glancing over at me. "I just – I, uh, fuck. I don't know. I just go a little crazy around you, I don't know how to act."

"Don't blame your stupid actions on me," I hissed.

Harry straightened in his seat. Briefly, I looked over to see him tighten his grip on the steering wheel. Still, neither of us knew where we were headed. I had half a mind to tell him to drop me back at my apartment, but I had a feeling he would keep me trapped in this car until we sorted things out.

"That isn't what I meant," he breathed. "It isn't you. I just get nervous, I think –"

"Nervous?" I interrupted with a short laugh. "You were basically eating the side of my face during the lecture. You're telling me that's what you do when you're nervous?"

"I'm telling you," Harry said with a chuckle. "I seriously don't know how to control myself."

I rolled my eyes. "Nope. That isn't a valid excuse. I will accept your apology if you smarten up and don't do it again, but don't act like you're some primal animal who doesn't know right from wrong. You're a man, not a dog. Act like it."

I heard Harry swallow. We pulled up to a light, the same one by campus that we had now gone through almost three times. I looked over to see him fidgeting in the seat. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off.

"Something cheap," I muttered.

"Huh?" He said. His tone gave me the notion that he was slightly on edge, as if he was worried that he would say the wrong thing.