Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The world was fuzzy once again.

I wasn't quite sure where Eve was, considering I was dancing amidst all of her bridesmaids, but I didn't care. Not as I looked up and saw Harry walking towards me. No, the rest of the world seemed to fall away when I looked at him.

"Hi," I murmured, unable to hide my smile.

Harry grinned, cocking his head to the side. "Hi, Mayflower."

His suit was slightly wrinkled, his cheeks tinged pink. I was vaguely aware of the rest of the bridesmaids finding elsewhere to be as he came to stand in front of me.

"You look... good." I said with a giggle, trying my best not to sway as I took in the sight of him. "Have I told you that today?"

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Should I be concerned that you're giggling as you say that?"

If all of the alcohol in my system hadn't yet caused me to be flushed, I'm sure that I would be now.

"I'm sorry," I responded with another giggle, finding it quite funny that a curl had managed to fall above his eye and bobbed as he spoke. "'S not funny. I'm just a little drunk. You really do look good."

Harry grinned reaching an arm out to grab me by the waist, pulling me flush against him. I let out a surprised yelp and grabbed him by his shoulder to steady myself.

"You look even better," he murmured, brushing his lips against my ear. I swallowed, leaning into him slightly. "Have I told you that today?"

"You have," I said with a smile, wrapping my arms around his neck. The song currently playing wasn't slow and I'm sure that if I was sober, I would have been embarrassed to be pressed against him like this in the middle of a dance floor but drunk me didn't particularly care.

Drunk May and sober May tended to have differing views on a lot of things.

Harry pulled his face away a fraction to look at me, his arms linking together around my waist. I frowned at him. His brows pulled together at my expression and his bottom lip jutted out a bit as he asked, "What's wrong?"

"Are you even drunk?"

He smiled at me. "I am actually. Thanks to the three tequila shots that you forced me to take and the drink that I polished off from your sister when I spoke to her."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't force you – wait, you talked to my sister?"

"I did," he was still grinning as he spoke, and I was slightly aware of the fact that we were now slowly spinning in a circle. "She told me such lovely, embarrassing stories about you from when you were younger. Ones I will gladly use as blackmail to get things out of you."

"She what?" my mouth fell open. I pushed out of Harry's hold, fully readying myself to find my sister and pick a fight at her wedding only to pause when he grabbed me by the arm. When I looked back at him, he was laughing.

"I'm kidding, Killer." he beamed, pulling me against him once more. "Though I would like to find out which stories you thought she had told me that had you running off like that."

"Mm," I hummed, "Like you don't have any embarrassing stories from when you were a kid that make you want to run and hide."

"Oh, I most certainly do," he grinned, splaying his hand out on the exposed skin of my waist. His fingers seemed to enjoy the fact that my dress was backless, roaming wherever they were able. I had to hide my shiver.

"I guess I'll have to send a text to Gemma," I teased, reaching up to tap him on the nose. My hand dropped immediately down to run over his lips and then to his cheek before finally settling on his shoulder.