Introduction

*Story Contains Mature and Explicit Content*

A little about me:

Hello, sunshines!!

I'm Val (my friends call me V), I am 20 years old and an avid lover of anything and everything Harry Styles!

This is my first time writing fanfiction so I really hope you like it!!

If you've clicked on this because of a recommendation, because you wanted to check it out or simply by accident - I adore and appreciate you all the same.

Remember you are loved, you are valid and that there will always be a safe space for you here. <3

If you ever need anything or are ever feeling alone, please do not hesitate to reach out and remember to take care of yourself... you ALWAYS come first.

OCTOBER 29, 2021 EDIT:
The smut chapters are 23, 30, 43, 45, 50, 54, 56, 58 but just a fair warning that they're all very vanilla and minimal in content comparison to the chapters themselves. VERY different than devil's due if that's why you're here! xo

A quick disclaimer:

I do not have a cast attached to this story and try to be ambiguous about where it's set/I don't ever mention a specific country mainly because I want you to picture it however you see fit!! It's all going on inside your head as you read anyway. :)

This story speaks a lot on mental health, contains mentions of suicide, sexual content and has some notably graphic language! The main character (May) has quite a trashy mouth and loves the word 'fuck'. :) I didn't really realize JUST how much swearing there until I reread a few chapters and was ready to wash even my mouth out with soap - so I apologize in advance!

But if you're cool with that, read on!!! I love you.

Enjoy,

V
Xo

ALSO:

The lovely shesogolden_ created a Spotify playlist for this book! It's linked in my bio if anyone wants to check it out. :) It's beautiful and definitely fits the vibe of Harry and May!

————————————

Started July 1st, 2020 —
Completed January 21st, 2021.

Preview:

Darkness isn't so much of a mindset as it is a feeling. It can come from anywhere, even when you least expect it. But then again, the same thing could be said about the light. Sunshine and happiness, to be exact.

May swore to shut people out after losing one too many people in her life. She decided that it was easier to stay succumbed to the darkness rather than to let any of the light in and risk having it blind her. She had grown quite used to the feeling of being alone and in pain, enough that she had shuttered almost every aspect of what made her precisely herself to the point that she could no longer remember who she was beyond what she portrayed to people. So, what happens when a certain green-eyed ray of sunshine squeezes himself so far into her life that she has no choice but to open up and let him brighten her world? What happens when he slowly starts to break those shutters away, one-by-one, until she is left completely raw and vulnerable? Will he want to stay, despite the shadows?

Join Harry in showing May that life can be good sometimes, darkness and all.

—————

I just wanted to add in here the beautiful cover that my lovely friend and incredible author Doni (unspokenfantasies ) created for me - she is insanely talented and an amazing writer as well as someone that I hold very dear to my heart!! <3 I suggest you all take a look at some of her books that she has posted for you will not be disappointed (Body Heat specifically - phew, y'all are not ready for that one).