Chapter 26

#NewClassicRTMC

Chapter 26
Hell

The café in the morning was peaceful and quiet, very far from its crowded and rowdy state that I saw one afternoon when we passed by. The soft instrumentals of the piano added warmth and elegance to its ambiance. Aside from me, there were only two customers around. I was thankful that they were just minding their own business.

With my hands tightly clasped together, I kept tapping my feet under the table as I anxiously waited. And just a few minutes later, I stood up when I saw Zendaya entered the café. Her strong presence caught my attention right away.

She was wearing a terno pink blazer and pants, paired with a white top. Her hair was neatly tied in a loose half ponytail. Her hand was holding the strap of her brown sling bag while she was looking around the café.

Nang mahagip ako ng kanyang tingin ay tipid siyang ngumiti. She looked calm and demure as she headed over to my table.

"Good morning! I'm sorry kung ngayon lang ako. Kanina ka pa ba? Medyo traffic kasi, e."

Nakangiti akong umiling. "Ayos lang," sabi ko. "Ako nga dapat ang humingi ng pasensya. I'm sorry for asking you to meet me. May trabaho ka pa ata."

She flashed a very sweet and understanding smile. "No, it's alright," she reassured me. "After lunch pa naman ang meeting ko. Ayos lang kung maghalf day ako."

Tumango ako at inaya na siyang umupo sa aking harap. We quickly placed our order before we settled down. Nagawa akong kumbisihin ni Zendaya na siya ang magbayad ng aming mga inorder kahit na ako ang nag-aya sa kanya.

"Gusto ko lang sanang itanong..." nag-aalangan kong simula habang hinihintay ang aming pagkain.

She raised her gaze up to me. "Go ahead."

"Hindi mo naman sinabi kay Ike na makikipagkita ako sa 'yo, 'di ba?"

"Of course, not! I didn't! I promise!" she replied and raised her right hand to swear that she was telling the truth. "But I'm actually curious why you suddenly asked me out..."

Napanguso ako at natahimik. Sa totoo lang ay hindi ko alam kung paano ko sisimulang sabihin sa kanya.

"Please don't take it the wrong way, though. It's not that I don't like it," she started explaining herself. "I'm actually really happy to see you again."

Smiling, I nodded because I knew she meant it. "Alam ko naman 'yon," sabi ko. "Gusto ko lang talagang makausap ka ngayon."

Zendaya's attention was all on me. Her expressive eyes told me that she was eager to listen.

"About Isaiah..." I trailed, still very hesitant.

She tilted her head on one side, looking confused and curious. "Isaiah?"

"Uhm, I wonder if you can help me meet him today?" I swallowed the embarrassment and finally asked her. "Kung hindi siya busy ngayong araw, sana matulungan mo ako."

I didn't have the chance to get Isaiah's number when I met him at the studio because Ike told me there was no need for it. Mabuti na lang at mayroon akong numero ni Zendaya. Sa tingin ko rin ay mas magandang dumaan ako sa kanya bilang girlfriend ni Isaiah.

"You want to meet him?" She gasped in disbelief. Her eyes widened a little. "Si Isaiah Mallari, 'di ba?"

Pursing my lips, I nodded once again to clear her doubts.

Zendaya seemed to fall in a deep thought as she averted her eyes away from me. I could sense her hesitation.

"Kung ayaw mo, ayos lang. But I wonder if you can give me his number instead? Ako na mismo ang mag-aapproach sa kanya," bawi ko. "Uh... Iyon ay kung puwede... Maiintindihan ko naman kung hindi."