Chapter 29

#NewClassicRTMC

Chapter 29
Pursue

My cheeks flushed. The ice in my heart slowly melted, making it swell.

The sound of the harsh waves and the loud whispers of the wind hushed abruptly. It was like the time stopped for the both of us. Even with all the beautiful surroundings around me that I missed, my eyes were all on him. I couldn't look away.

Nanginig ang aking mga labi habang nangangapa ako ng mga salita na dapat sabihin. His sudden appearance messed up with my mind so much. His words made my pulse race fast, disrupting its rhythm. Hindi ako makapag-isip nang maayos.

"What do you think?" Ike asked, his tone was calm and his eyes were deceiving. "Can we start all over again?"

Napalunok ako. "Ni-niloloko mo ba ako?"

Deep lines appeared on his forehead as he made face. His dark expression told me that he didn't like what he heard.

"Are you making fun of my song?"

He frowned even more. "Is that what you think of me?" His jaw clenched because I offended him. "You think I'll make fun of the song you wrote for me?"

Halos malaglag ang aking panga. Mas bumilis ang pagtibok ng aking puso.

Right, Aleena... You basically confessed what you're feeling for him by writing and singing that song. But I didn't want to blame myself for doing so. I did that to pour those overwhelming feelings out and finally move on from it. I never expected that Ike would be back here in Roxas. I thought that once I left Manila, we would be living our separately lives from then on.

Ike ruined my plans. He's the one to blame. From making me fall for him and following me back home, it's all on him.

Bakit pa kasi siya bumalik dito?

"Song I wrote for you?" Para akong baliw na pinipilit ang sariling tumawa. "Paano mo naman nasabi na para sa 'yo ang kantang sinulat ko? It's just a song."

I tried to save face by denying that I wrote the song for him. I tried to act tough by laughing it off. However, his reaction was the opposite of what I expected.

The dark clouds over his head magically disappeared like the sun emerged from behind as he let out a huge grin. His face lit up.

I tried not to be affected by his sudden change of emotion. Kanina lang ay parang nagagalit siya pero biglang nangingiti-ngiti na. His mood swings was worse than a woman on her period. Mas lalo lamang akong naguluhan. I really couldn't understand him that I found it dangerous.

"I'm not yet over about the fact that you worked on that song with Isaiah but I can let it pass for now..." he smirked and licked his lower lips. "I'll try my best to take part in your shenanigans."

My eyes went wide and round when I realized that he was really making fun of me. He was clearly enjoying having this conversation with me.

I knew it! I shouldn't have let my heart get swayed!

"Ewan ko sa 'yo!" Iyon na lamang ang sinabi ko at saka tumayong dala-dala ang aking gitara.

Nagmamadali akong ibinalik iyon sa loob ng lalagyanan nito. Nahirapan nga lang ako sa pagpasok dahil sa hindi malamang kaba lalo na nang naupo si Ike sa duyan. Nakanguso siya habang pinapanood ang pagkataranta ko.

"Baka magasgasan mo 'yong gitara," paalala niya na hindi nakatulong sa aking nararamdaman.

He was watching me with a very amused stare. Aliw na aliw siya talaga sa akin. Mas lalo akong nakaramdam ng iritasyon.