Zero Motivation

"Well, that's an outcome I sure wasn't expecting...," Ino voiced in shock having seen Naruto win against Neji.

     "Yes!" Sakura exclaimed beside us happily seeing her teammate take the victory. "Surprised but can't say I'm disappointed!"

     "See what I mean," I too joyfully chimed in as the roar of the crowd's cheering grew, "never underestimate the underdog."

     Naruto was one of the candidates that many were surprised had made it this far. Especially when seeing him go up against the Hyuga prodigy no one would have expected this outcome. So seeing the golden-haired boy down in the Arena as the crowd cheered him on made me incredibly proud.
     'If only they could see how much Naruto has grown...'

     "Oh my, it's Sasuke's turn up next!" Sakura exclaimed worriedly coming out from the stunned trance she was in. "If he doesn't show does he forfeit the match?!"

     "Never thought I'd see the day where Naruto wins a tournament and not Sasuke..." Ino dreadfully sighed. "Nope- he just has to show there is no way I can accept this!"

     "I wish I had a clear answer for you both but I can't say for sure if he will have to forfeit or not..." I thoughtfully explained. "See usually that would be the case but this crowd seems eager for Sasuke's fight so there is no telling what will happen if he doesn't show or isn't allowed to participate."

     As all these amazing and talented young genin lined up to participate in the final tournament there was only one fight on the radar or those 'elite' jounin. Sasuke Uchiha seemed to be the buzz of everyone's excitement as everyone suspensefully waited to see a battle go down with one of the last remaining Clan members. Having him nowhere to be near only created an uproar in the crowd as they all anxiously waited for his entrance. This sure made it harder to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity.

'God Kakashi... how do you manage to cause trouble for me even when you aren't here!'

To keep the onlookers at bay the order in which the fights would take place were moved around having Sasuke go last, in the hopes that he'd show up in time, meaning my brother's battle was up next. Seemingly unpleased with this turn of events Shikamaru, even as he was pushed into the arena, remained laying down causing the crowd to grow impatient.

'Oh, he is so getting an earful out of me! At least face Termari on your feet!'

Deciding to take things onto her own hands Temari rushed for an attack on Shikamaru even before the battle was officially started. A very quick and unplanned attack that underestimated Shikamaru as he effortlessly avoided her striking fan.

"I don't care about becoming a Chunnin or not but losing to a girl is something I will not let pass," Shikamaru snickered as he stood on his kunai plunged into the wall above the ground.

'A definite earful from me...'

As the battle went on Temari's attacks were always fluid and very powerful. With her keen eyes, her attacks were sharp and direct. Yet it was this attentiveness towards my brother and the obvious that prevent her from noticing Shikamaru's strategy coming into play. Managing to push back and corner her he was able to hold her with his shadow possession... only to forfeit the match in the end.

     "Can't say I'm surprised," Choji who had sneak in next to Ino mid-fight commented.

     "I thought we would finally see a new side of Shikamaru today," Ino sighed slouching down into her seat.

     "One can only dream," I too sighed out staring down towards my brother. Still, I couldn't help but be proud because although he technically did lose the match he's potential all but shined through.