Battle on the Bridge

"All this stupid training is such a waste of time!" Inari exclaimed as tears streamed out of his eyes. "Gato had a whole army! They'll beat you down and destroy you! No matter what you do the strong always win and the weak always loose!"

     "Speak for yourself," Naruto answered back tiredly. "It won't be like that for me got that?"

     "You don't know anything about what you're getting yourself into!" Inari desperately shouted back. "You don't know how it is to suffer and be treated like dirt!"

     "So you're just gonna cry all day and complain like a victim?" Naruto darkly spoke shocking everyone. "You can whimper all day for all I care. You're nothing but a coward!"

     "Naruto that's a bit harsh!" Sakura exclaimed lecturing him.

     Instead of blowing up like I had expected he got up and exited the kitchen with nothing more than a grunt. Left behind was a crying Inari before he too got up and ran out outside.

     "Just leave him be he will come back eventually," Tazuna sighed as he went up to his room I suppose.

     "Sakura, Sasuke you both are dismissed," I softly informed them as I picked up the plates. "I'll clean up."
Quietly both of them got up and went upstairs to the room to get ready for bed.

     "Shizuka you don't have to clean it's alright I got it," Tsunami informed me quite tiredly herself.

     "No it's fine I insist Tsunami go upstairs and rest," I persisted as I threw her a quick smile for insurance. "It's not too much work."

     "Thank you Shizuka and goodnight you two," she bid goodnight as she left upstairs.

     "Goodnight," Kakashi and I called out as she disappeared up the stairs.

     "You think the boys will be okay?" Kakashi asked as he brought up the rest of the plates to the sink.

     "I believe so..." I trailed off as I took the plates from his hands and began running water on them. "A quick checkup will never hurt anyone though..."

     "I'll go check up on Inari then," Kakashi chuckled as he exited the kitchen as well. "Goodnight Shizuka."

     "Goodnight Kakashi," I called out as I continued scrubbing the last of the plates down.

     Soon enough I had cleaned the kitchen table as well and began walking towards the stairs. As I passed the door that leads outside to the porch I noticed both Kakashi and Inari talking about Naruto. Quickly I caught on that Kakashi was explaining Naruto's difficult childhood saying that if anyone knew the pain it would be him.
     'I should check up in Naruto...'

     When I arrived upstairs to my surprise all three genins were fast asleep and in their pajamas. Deciding it was best not to wake up Naruto I quickly grabbed my pajamas I headed towards the bathroom. After changing and brushing my teeth I walked back into the room finding my spot next to Sakura before falling asleep.
-----
Currently, the team and I, excluding Naruto, are escorting Tazuna to the construction site of the bridge. The reason why Naruto wasn't here with us was that yesterday he had overworked himself and we decided it was best to let him sleep in today. Everything was going fine and calm until we arrived at the sight... Fallen construction workers were scattered across the unfinished bridge as the list around us started to thicken.

"Into formation now!" Kakashi exclaimed as we all surrounded Tazuna in a defensive stance.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting Kakashi," the sneering voice of Zabuza began breaking through the fog. "I see you got your brats with you like always. One of them is even shaking in fear," he taunted talking about Sasuke, "poor thing."

Quickly Zabuza clones appeared all around us before Sasuke lips broke out into a grin.

"I'm shaking from excitement," Sasuke boldly stated shocking Zabuza.

"Go for it Sasuke," Kakashi called out before Zabuza's clone swung his sword at him. Acting quickly Sasuke attacked Zabuza's water clones before swiftly landing back into his original position.

"That brat has grown quite fast..." Zabuza started off as he emerged from the fog. "Haku it seems like you have a rival."

-----

The fight was now at full swing. Sasuke and Naruto were currently held trapped inside of Haku's kekkei genkai while Kakashi and I were blocked from interfering by Zabuza. Sakura, on the other hand, kept her guard up protecting Tazuna.

"Even if there was a chance that we could break Haku's technique they still won't be able to defeat him. They don't have the mentality to kill their feelings and kill another person. Even if they have the desire to win."

"Exactly," Zabuza chuckled darkly, "no real shinobi will come from a peace addicted village like yours. They are not able to learn to most important 'experience of killing'."

     "Shizuka," Kakashi spoke as he revealed his Sharingan. Catching on to his message I gave him a quick nod letting him know I was ready to go into battle whenever he was.

"Remember what I told you," Zabuza's menacing voice began, "if either one of you interfered with the fight I will kill Tazuna in a heartbeat."

Quickly the fog around us started to thicken and an eerie silence formed. Everything seemed to be standing still for a second before the silence was broken by the slicing sound of a sword. Turning my gaze towards Sakura and Tazuna I saw Zabuza behind them, arms raised, bringing down his sword. Kakashi quickly appeared in front of Sakura and Zabuza ready to take the hit of the sword. As time moved slowly in my eyes I quickly performed the Shadow Sewing technique causing Zabuza to retreat a couple of steps back taking Sakura Kakashi and Tazuna out of his range. Still, that didn't stop Kakashi from receiving a small knick on his shoulder.

"Kakashi you let your concern for those little rats safety cloud your mind," Zabuza voice sneered in disgust, "adding further to the fog that already hinders your Sharingan. If it wasn't for your teammate you would be sporting a bigger slice right about now... I also wouldn't worry too much about those boys anymore they are at Haku's mercy. Don't worry I'm sure you all will be able to weep them an apology for failing them in the next life!"

As he let out a sinister laugh the fog around us ones again thickened but this time it was almost near impossible to see anything beyond your fingertips. Huddling up closer to the group I stood behind them with my back towards them keeping guard in the back.

"I have faith in their strength and abilities...," Kakashi began shocking Zabuza, "Naruto the number one hyperactive knucklehead ninja and Sasuke heir to the most powerful clan in the hidden leaf village."

"The Uchiha clan...," Zabuza expressed with wide eyes. "No wonder he's able to advance quickly... but so can Haku. No one can match him. No one has ever stopped his secret jutsu. Even the most skilled joining have fallen before him... just as you will fall before me!"

~~~~~~
     Long chapter so I split it up into two parts! These two chapter will be the last two chapter dedicated to the bridge builder arc which I'm so happy about because now the chunnin exams come in and things will progress much fast! This will hopefully be the first and last time many chapters are dedicated to one plot!
     Anyways... hope you guys enjoyed the story! Please feel free to leave any comment including criticism I'm open to anything!