The Demon in the Snow

At this point, Zabuza has gotten into a fighter stance with his hand over the sword ready to attack. Quickly Kakashi and I both got into our fighting stance as well while Kakashi instructed Sakura to keep her guard up. As we rushed into the fog everything seemed to be fine for a while that was until a foul and dangerous chakra filled the air...
     'What is this... why do I feel so... scared...'

     Stopping in my tracks I found myself unable to move. My knees were shaking terribly and my breathes seemed to be getting stuck right at my throat. As I fell to my knees tears pricked out of my eyes and began to trail down my face.
     'I know this chakra... I have felt this strong thirst for blood and destruction before...'

     "Shizuka!" Kakashi exclaimed worriedly as he stood over me with a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

     "Y-yes," I replied trembling as I tried to stand but to no avail, I decided to stay put. Looking up to Kakashi it seemed like he knew where this dark chakra was coming from.

     "Stay here," Kakashi rushed as he pushed further into the fog. As I lost sight of him in the fog I focused my gaze to where Haku had Sasuke and Naruto trapped at. The fog that surrounded that area was lit up in a familiar red orangey tone that has haunted my dreams.
'Could it be that this is the chakra of the- no it couldn't be... that's impossible.'

The sounds of Kakashi's ninja hounds barking broke me out of my train of thought as the fog cleared up. Not only was Zabuza now trapped and surrounded by Kakashi's summons but the ominous chakra was also gone.

"Hello Shizuka," Pakkun greeted startling me a bit. "Kakashi asked me to check if you were alright now."

"Thank you Pakkun," I answered quietly as I scratched behind his ears. "Why don't you go and watch out for Sakura... I'm fine now."

     As I stood up from the ground the familiar illuminating blue chakra came from Kakashi.

     "Your ambition will sacrifice countless lives Zabuza," Kakashi sternly informed him. "That is not the way of a shinobi."

     "Who cares?!" Zabuza exclaimed. "I have always fought for my ideals and that will never change. I have a dream of my own."

     "Your right but to have a dream you need to have a future," Kakashi spoke determined confusing Zabuza. "You don't."

     Quickly Kakashi rushed towards Zabuza ready to pierce him with the Lightning Blade. Bringing his hand back he thrust it forward with no hesitation wanting to end Zabuza's madness ones and for all. Just as Kakashi's Lightning Blade was about to make contact with Zabuza an ice shine appeared and Haru was in front of the attack.

     Shock and sadness filled my body as I saw Kakashi's hand pierce through Haru's chest. His crimson blood poured out of his body and onto Kakashi... almost like Rin's had. Kakashi's eyes too showed the shock and sadness as they wavered at the sight in front of him. Zabuza's gaze remained steady and unfazed by the sight of his fallen comrade.

     "Well done Haku," Zabuza grinned mischievously as he ones again raised his sword ready to swing down at both Kakashi and Haku. Performing the Shadow Imitation Technique I attached my shadows to Kakashi and was able to take both him and Haku away from the range of Zabuza's sword.

     Walking up next to Kakashi I went on my knees and helped him adjust and close Haku's eyes.
     'Poor Haku... he was just a little boy determined to get any type of recognition. No matter the cost."

     "You'll pay for that!" Naruto exclaimed furiously as he began advancing towards Zabuza.

     "No!" Kakashi exclaimed as we gently laid Haku on the floor. "Stay out of this Naruto, this is my fight."

     "Naruto it's so good to see you!" Sakura exclaimed happily from where she stood next to Tazuna. "Where is Sasuke?"

     Bringing back my attention to Naruto I finally took note of his depressed state. Sasuke wasn't standing next to him either...
     'Oh no... Sasuke...'

     Turning my shocked gaze at Kakashi he gave me a quick nod letting me know to go check up on Sasuke. Standing up I ran to Naruto and placed my hand on the head, "I'm glad you're okay," I genuinely told him as I gave him a smile. The tears streaming down his face began falling down faster than he could wipe them away causing my heart to ache. "I'm sure Sasuke will be fine. I'll bring him back to you."

     Satisfied with the small nod Naruto gave me I looked over his shoulder and saw a small limp body on the floor. As I rushed towards the small body that was covered with blood and needles Sakura did the same alongside Tazuna.

     Dropping to my knees I placed Sasuke's head on my lap as I started performing the little amount of medical ninjutsu I knew. It wasn't much since I've only learned the basics but right now this was the best that could be done. Standing in front of me was a trembling Sakura who I knew was about to collapse at any second.

     Falling to her knees she placed her hand on his cheek. "He's b-body is so c-cold," she shakily commented. I knew she was desperately holding in her cries in front of us. She didn't want to seem weak.

     "It's okay to cry Sakura," Tazuna began, "you don't have to act strong when your comrade is like this."

     "Do you know there is over 100 shinobi rules?" Sakura stated confusing me a little. "I remembered all of them... Rule 25 states 'a shinobi never show their true emotions under any circumstances no matter what, feelings are a weakness'," she continued on as tears streamed done her face.

     "Sakura," I calmly began trying to reassure her, "look at me okay? Everything is going to be fine. Sasuke isn't going anywhere, I'm here and I'll make sure he continues alongside you and Naruto. I promise."

     Breaking into a louder cry Sakura leaned over Sasuke's body trembling. Feeling the burning sensation in the back of my eyes I blinked rapidly trying to ouch my tears back. One silent tear manages to cascade down my cheek and onto my palm.
     'I have to be strong for Sakura and Naruto.'

     Soon after a few minutes of medical ninjutsu, Sasuke's body began to move under my palm. As I retreating my hands away from his wounds he's eyes slowly began to flutter open.
     'He's going to be just fine...'

     "S-sakura," Sasuke coughed out from the pressure placed on him on his chest. "It's hard to breathe white you on top of me..."

     "Oh, Sasuke!" Sakura exclaimed happily holding on to his face. "You're okay! You're alive!"

     Bringing up my hand to my face I wiped away the silent tears streaming down my face.
     'Everything is going to be okay now....'

------

     Today was our last day in the Land of Waves and I am happy to say everything turns out just right. Towards the end of the fight, Inari showed up with some villagers to help defeat Gato and his thugs which was a beautiful sight. Zabuza ended up dying as well and I still hate him don't get me wrong but during his last few breathes he showed a great amount of remorse and care for Haku which brought me to tears... I guess even the ruthless have soft spots...

     We set a small funeral ceremony for both Haku and Zabuza and for a short while it started to snow... We all like to believe that it was Haku's pure soul cascading over that Land of Waves.

     The villagers were also very grateful for the help we provided them especially Naruto that they even named the bridge after him! This will defiantly become a great story for him to tell his kids in the future... 'How the Naruto Bridge Came to Be.'

     It is safe to say that Naruto, like the Bridge as done, will bring hope to many people...

~~~~~
Second and last part of the last chapter... FINALLY WE ARE DONE WITH THE BRIDGE BUILDER ARC!! Chunnin exams are next which I promise will be much shorter!!
What do you guys think of Shizuka being afraid of the nine tails? Reasonable or no?
(Don't worry she won't hate Naruto!)
Hope you guys enjoyed the story! Please feel free to leave me comments including criticism! I won't take anything personally of it means improving my writing!

*i do not own fan art