The Forest of Death

~Ones again I don't own this beautiful fan art posted above! Credits to the talented artist who does!~

After the painfully long wait, the other senseis and I had to endure, we got word that all-rookie teams and Guy's team made it through the first part of the exam. Sadly none of us were allowed to have contact with the genin until the end of the second part.

"Hey cheer up Shizuka," Kurenai began as she hooked her arm with mine, "they all made it through the written section. I'm sure they will do just fine on this part as well."

"It's not that I doubt them," I mumbled slowly. "I'm just worried. I'm not sure why but I just have a nasty feeling about the exam."

"You worry too much Shizuka," Asuma concluded from his spot between Kurenai and Guy. "All they have to do is get the other scroll and make it to the tower all while going up against other teams."

     "Oh geez well when you put it that way..." I sarcastically trailed off.

     "Do you not have faith in the team's youthfulness?" Guy questioned before expressing his total faith in his team.

     "No," I answered back thoughtfully. "I believe in all of them and I know they will prevail but I just have this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. I haven't been able to shake it off for a while..."

     "Well, it's not like we could do much either way," Kakashi lazily stated as he read his 'Icha Icha' book. "We just have to wait until the end and hope no real trouble emerges."

     "The end being a whole five days or until 13 of the teams return with the scrolls..." I solemnly added in. "That sure is a long time. It's barely been a few hours for crying out loud!"

     "I wonder which team will show up first," Kurenai pondered as her hold on me tightened a little bit.

     As of now, we were all heading towards the Hokage's office for further instructions while the exams are happening. While the genin teams battled it out in the 'Forest of Death' the village, as well as its villagers, were living a peaceful afternoon.

~~~~

"...so ones your teams make it to the tower they will open the scrolls and you'll be summoned to them. Is that clear?" Lord Third asked as he finished explaining the trial.

"Hai," we all confirmed as we stood in front of his desk.

"Now regarding any upcoming missions for you al-" Lord Third began but was interrupted by the sudden appearance of two ANBU shinobi kneeling before him.

"We're sorry for the interruption Lord Third," one of the ANBU wearing a 'cat' like mask began, "but it's regarding the Chunin Exams."

"What happened?" the Hokage questioned as he directed his full attention towards them.

"We found three bodies of a sound village team who were scheduled to take the exam. Yet according to the roll sheet, they are currently taking the second trial. There is suspicion that Lord Orochimaru has gotten himself involved with the exams," the other ANBU wearing a 'bird' like mask replied. "This still can't be taken as a fact but it's very likely to be true based on Anko's orders."

"O-Orochimaru..." my soft quavering voice croaked out as I slowly took a step back to stand closer to Kakashi. Not many things scared me but just the name of that man could send me shaking to my grave. Unknown to everyone, except a few like the Hokage and elders, I have had a dreadful encounter with the vile man before.

Sensing my fear everyone's attention was quickly directed towards me. Quickly the room started to get hotter from the sudden attention and the resurfacing painful memories. All of a sudden everything began spinning around me as my body got heavier and I lost my balance.